Windows 10: Downloading windows 10

Discus and support Downloading windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've tried to download Windows 10 and it said there wasn't enough room so deleted unused programs etc and got up to over 8GB which was requested.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Llearnley, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Llearnley Win User

Downloading windows 10

Hi, I've tried to download Windows 10 and it said there wasn't enough room so deleted unused programs etc and got up to over 8GB which was requested. Tried again and it said not enough ram! I upgraded the ram and tried the install again.

Came back saying not enough room, as it looks like it has downloaded it and taken up the space I made but there is no sign of Windows 10 download so am now stuck with no windows 10 and not enough room on my C: drive.

Can I delete the Windows 10 that seems to be on my computer but it's not in the uninstall section so don't know how to do this to free up the space I need!

HELP!!!

:)

Llearnley, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Downloading windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Downloading windows 10

1. Downloading windows 10 - Similar Threads - Downloading

2. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  3. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  4. Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure: I received a product code from Amazon Prime for the Fallout 76 game in the Microsoft Store. I went to the Microsoft Store and redeemed the code to purchase the game for $0.00. I then clicked on Download and nothing happened. I clicked repeatedly, and nothing happened. I have...
  5. Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure

Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure: I received a product code from Amazon Prime for the Fallout 76 game in the Microsoft Store. I went to the Microsoft Store and redeemed the code to purchase the game for $0.00. I then clicked on Download and nothing happened. I clicked repeatedly, and nothing happened. I have...
  6. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  7. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  8. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

9. Windows 10 KB5036979 pushes Microsoft account (direct download .msu)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5036979 pushes Microsoft account (direct download .msu): Windows 10 KB5036979 is rolling out to everyone, but it’s an optional patch that won’t download automatically. This update has a noteworthy change: it pushes against local accounts and nags you to use a Microsoft account. You can also directly download KB5036979 offline...
  10. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...