Windows 10: Downloading Wrong Dropbox App

Discus and support Downloading Wrong Dropbox App in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Does anyone else have the problem of downloading Dropbox for S Mode when all you want to download is Dropbox? My computer is not an S Mode computer... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DebOak, May 29, 2020.

1. DebOak Win User

Downloading Wrong Dropbox App

Does anyone else have the problem of downloading Dropbox for S Mode when all you want to download is Dropbox? My computer is not an S Mode computer ... I've checked several times. When I download Dropbox from the Microsoft Store it is always the S Mode version and that does not allow for synching.

[Moderator Edit: Moved from Community Participation Centre]

:)

DebOak, May 29, 2020

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Dropbox app for Windows 10 is here

Source: Dropbox for Windows 10 is here | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, May 29, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

WD Redefines Personal Cloud With Dropbox Integration

WD, a world leader in external storage and connected home solutions, today introduced powerful new collaboration and file management features, including Dropbox integration, in the next generation of its popular WD 2go mobile app for their personal cloud products, the My Book Live, My Book Live Duo and My Net N900 Central HD router with storage.

WD's personal cloud products provide shared storage on the home network, letting customers centralize their important documents, photos, videos and music in one place as well as automatically backup all the computers in their home. With the WD 2go app customers can access and share that content from outside the home on their mobile devices.

Downloading Wrong Dropbox App 39a_thm.jpg

The new version of WD 2go lets customers move, copy and share content between their mobile device, their Dropbox and their WD personal cloud – combining the benefits of personal and public cloud storage into one, easy-to-use app. For example, if a user has a small number of photos they want to share with their friends, they can copy them from their personal cloud into their Dropbox using the WD 2go app. But if they have a very large number of photos, or files that are too big for their Dropbox, they can use WD 2go to send a secure link to the files via email. WD 2go is available for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Android compatible mobile devices.

"WD is committed to providing consumers with secure storage of digital content and access to it on any screen, on-the-go or at home," said Jim Welsh, executive vice president for WD's branded products and consumer electronics groups. "By combining access to Dropbox and personal cloud storage into a single intuitive mobile app, WD is empowering consumers with the flexibility and control of anytime, any-device management of their growing libraries of digital content."

WD 2go Features
    • Dropbox integration: Full access to your Dropbox and use of all WD 2go file management features with your Dropbox.
    • Upload: Upload files from your mobile device to your WD personal cloud storage.
    • Download: Download files to your smartphone or tablet for offline access.
    • Sharing: Share files from your personal cloud storage as email links or attachments.
    • File management: Copy, move, rename and delete files on your personal cloud storage and in your Dropbox.
    • Third-party apps: Send files to and receive files from third party apps installed on your mobile device using the "open with" function.
    • Auto-discover: Automatically discover and connect to WD personal cloud storage devices on the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or tablet.
    Price and Availability
    WD 2go (free download) is currently available for download from the iTunes™ App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore for Android. My Book Live personal cloud storage drives and the My Net N900 Central router with storage are available at select U.S. retailers and online.

btarunr, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Downloading Wrong Dropbox App - Similar Threads - Downloading Wrong Dropbox

2. How to access Dropbox in the photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access Dropbox in the photos app: I've just got a new Windows 11 laptop. Previously I had Windows Photo Gallery where I could access Dropbox from the left hand side. Now I have the Photos app which seems to me to be a huge step back. Please can someone tell me how I now view Dropbox other than separately...
  3. How to access Dropbox in the photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access Dropbox in the photos app: I've just got a new Windows 11 laptop. Previously I had Windows Photo Gallery where I could access Dropbox from the left hand side. Now I have the Photos app which seems to me to be a huge step back. Please can someone tell me how I now view Dropbox other than separately...
  4. Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox: Is anyone having trouble loading Dropbox in 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/a8bdabee-073d-480a-87a9-b8c0a85bd179
  5. Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox: Is anyone having trouble loading Dropbox in 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/a8bdabee-073d-480a-87a9-b8c0a85bd179
  6. DropBox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DropBox: what is the best way of copying a video cd personal into dropbox?. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/06f0a360-b6d5-4701-9e12-cdf5071f6f9a
  7. dropbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dropbox: Need to know how to install dropbox into my old computer. Tried several times it won't allow it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/2c50b4b0-bcf4-4bd8-8e16-478e41ada1c4
  8. Dropbox

Dropbox: Dropbox will not allow me to share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/8d75d65c-8757-4abd-bdf3-5d337734ea2b"
  9. Can't download video from Dropbox

Can't download video from Dropbox: I recorded some videos on a Samsung tablet for a university project. I uploaded the videos to Dropbox to free up space on the tablet. I now need to download the videos to edit them. When I try to download them to my laptop I keep getting a message to say that they cannot be...
  10. Dropbox app for Windows 10 is here

in Windows 10 News
    Dropbox app for Windows 10 is here: The Dropbox app for Windows 10 will begin rolling out in the Windows Store this week as a free download for Windows 10 customers. [img] Dropbox makes it easy to view or edit your files on any device, anytime and anywhere; to privately share files of any size with...