Windows 10: Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected

Discus and support Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i've been cracking at this for a few days now. No matter what I do I can't seem to fix this issue. I use chrome, I've tried to download a snipcola... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KellenROBERSTON, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected

So i've been cracking at this for a few days now. No matter what I do I can't seem to fix this issue.

I use chrome, I've tried to download a snipcola file for roblox and it is always removed for being a virus.
    Now, I have tested this out on edge as well, still got the same result.

I use Norton Antivirus, and I know it is not Norton removing the file because I have disabled the software, and still got the same result.

Next Windows Security, I disabled App & browser controls freatures, still having the same result.

I've tried to change the policies in the command tool.

I've changed chromes settings in general.

Please help! I've been trying for so long, it's starting to drive me insane!

Note: I am downloading these files from mega.nz and they aren't showing up in file directory, so there is no way to quarentine the files through my antivirus or windows defender. And because of this I belive it has nothing to do with the browser [and that edge is also blocking it] or my antivirus.

:)

KellenROBERSTON, Jan 27, 2020
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Niarod Win User
    Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : ESET SysInspector | Free PC Diagnostic Tool
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected

Jsssssssss, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected

1. Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected - Similar Threads - Downloads always being

2. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected": So this started a day ago when I tried downloading CurseForge. Since then whenever I try to download an exe file it just tells me it failed. I have tried disabling Real-Time Protection, to making my control panel network level medium. I am scared I have a virus and I don't...
  3. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected": So this started a day ago when I tried downloading CurseForge. Since then whenever I try to download an exe file it just tells me it failed. I have tried disabling Real-Time Protection, to making my control panel network level medium. I am scared I have a virus and I don't...
  4. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My Download is being blocked as a Virus

My Download is being blocked as a Virus: I want to download this file that i'm fully aware of it's being false scanned for viruses and i'm having trouble trying to access this file because the download is getting blocked and its very frustrating. So how do i download files with "viruses."[Original Title:...
  6. "download failed- virus detected" Is the pc safe, is the file saved anywhere?

"download failed- virus detected" Is the pc safe, is the file saved anywhere?: I was trying to download a file.pdf from the net, on clicking download using microsoft edge, a zip file appeared in the file manager. I opened the zip file without extracting it to check if it was a the file i was looking for. It turned out to be an .exe file. But before i...
  7. Failed download virus scan

Failed download virus scan: I am unable to download programs, updates, photos or other items. When I try I get the message: Failed download virus scan. It is a firewall issue, but I can't override it to download necessary updates from any source. I don't know if this is a Microsoft issue, or a Windows...
  8. failed Virus detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    failed Virus detected: can someone help me cause when i try to download a file it says failed virus detected please someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-virus-detected/5cccefc0-e9aa-4d9a-887a-6aa9546d65fe
  9. All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted

All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted: All files that I try and download from all browsers are being marked as having virus and being deleted (I think by WIndows Defender.) I can't download some of the things that have been suggested to fix it as the interruption is on all files. How do I get rid of what I...
  10. download always fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download always fails: downloading windows 10 on my mac Internet speed is 74mbps on an edge speed test Download size is 3.2GB but my speed DROPS to 0.3mbps Estimated Time: Over 12 hours I let it sit overnight. I come back, its been 13 hours Remaining time: over 12 hours The next day...