Windows 10: Downloads appearing as folders in Start menu when I just want the application.

Discus and support Downloads appearing as folders in Start menu when I just want the application. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I am downloading things for my new pc, and I am getting tons of folders that are appearing and making the organization of my new PC a living hell.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cmoney619, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Cmoney619 Win User

Downloads appearing as folders in Start menu when I just want the application.

So I am downloading things for my new pc, and I am getting tons of folders that are appearing and making the organization of my new PC a living hell. Is there any way around this as to change, so it just downloads as a single shortcut or application without the folder? I have to go into File Explorer change things, and I am coming from using a laptop where I never had this issue and changing it is quite taxing, and that is getting very old, very fast.

Downloads appearing as folders in Start menu when I just want the application. b599903e-f6a3-4f8a-8596-dededa7233e8?upload=true.jpg

:)

Cmoney619, Aug 22, 2019

2. Create Start Screen Tiles for applications which appears on Start Menu

• Hello All,

I was wondering how to add the applications appearing on Windows 10 Start Menu to Windows Start Screen, that too in a specific location on the start screen, with a specific tile size and under a specific application group? Do you think it's feasible? I know it's easily done interactively by right clicking the start menu app and pinning it to Start but this has to done for the enterprise users so would like to see if the task could be accomplished using a GPO or Script.

Kind Regards,
      sK

Sreejith Kumar, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Office Apps Not Appearing in Start Menu Folder

If you check the installed software, is Microsoft Office listed there? Right click the Start button, select Programs and Features to see the list of installed software.

Downloads appearing as folders in Start menu when I just want the application. [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

4. Kari Win User

Office Apps Not Appearing in Start Menu Folder

OK.

Open the File Explorer, go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. In that folder, can you see:
    • Folder named Microsoft Office or Microsoft Office 2013?
      -- AND / OR --
    • Individual Office applications?

Notice that ProgramData is a hidden system folder. You can enter it in File Explorer by typing %programdata% in addressbar and hitting Enter.

Thema:

1. Downloads appearing as folders in Start menu when I just want the application. - Similar Threads - Downloads appearing folders

2. Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3w4fhzigtbra1.png?width=649&format=png&auto=webp&s=c86e5e7427ac69cabfd38af3090440d644db8d5f https://preview.redd.it/ynk9qyigtbra1.png?width=652&format=png&auto=webp&s=062ee9ea000bac08e84f0c9dccf322f553c0b38b...
  3. Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.: No idea why..Any suggestions?I have two users/profiles in my pc, one user its like this only the apps show here has no icon other user all the apps has no icon.LoveIM...
  4. Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.: No idea why..Any suggestions?I have two users/profiles in my pc, one user its like this only the apps show here has no icon other user all the apps has no icon.LoveIM...
  5. Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. When I open the start menu, it just closes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open the start menu, it just closes: When I press the windows key, the start menu comes up for a split second then closes. If you can give any suggestions or solutions to help me fix it that would be greatly appreciated....
  7. When I want to open the downloaded application, the download fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I want to open the downloaded application, the download fails: When I want to open the downloaded application, the download fails, I open the installation logs To enable the registration of assembly binding errors, set the registry value [HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Fusion! EnableLog] DWORD to 1. Note. Logging assembly binding errors...
  8. start menu not appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu not appearing: so my problem is that windows start menu is completely invisible, it still functions i can open apps by typing the name of the application and it will run. i have tried: DISM scan which said to not reveal any corruptions , i have tried a similar scan in power-shell which...
  9. Chrome not appearing on Start menu after downloading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome not appearing on Start menu after downloading: I have downloaded Chrome on my Windows laptop no problem and managed to pin it to taskbar without any issue. I just tried to do the same for my boss on his Windows laptop and it's not appearing on the start menu. Please advise how I can get round this...
  10. Office Apps Not Appearing in Start Menu Folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Apps Not Appearing in Start Menu Folder: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. My upgrade has been fairly buggy, but I am slowly working things out. One thing I can't seem to solve is my office apps are not showing up in the start menu folder. I had office 2010 before the upgrade, and that is when I...