Windows 10: Downloads are paused for now reason

Discus and support Downloads are paused for now reason in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to install some programs but it keeps saying that another download is in progress. It has been like this for 1 week and I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AxelHarkavy, May 8, 2021.

1. Downloads are paused for now reason

I have been trying to install some programs but it keeps saying that another download is in progress. It has been like this for 1 week and I don't know how to fix it. https://gyazo.com/02fccc3e03ff5c34fb6efbf046d32b86 screenshot

:)

AxelHarkavy, May 8, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Downloads pause if window is minimized

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Normally, the download should not pause when the window is minimized. However problems might occur due to an app error or incorrect settings.

You may try the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter for Store apps and see if it works.

Go to Settings->Update & Security->Troubleshoot->Windows Store Apps->Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter is unable to find and fix the issue, you may try resetting the app. Please follow the steps given below to reset the Movies and TV app.

• Open the Settings app by pressing the
      Windows
      key and the I key together.
    • Go to Apps->Apps & features->Movies & TV->Advanced options –Reset.
    • Follow the onscreen prompts to reset complete the reset operation.

If resetting the app doesn’t work, you may try the troubleshooting steps given in the article below.

Help with Movies & TV app problems on Windows 10

Feel free to write back if you have any questions or if the issue persists after performing the above steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 8, 2021
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, May 8, 2021
  4. Downloads are paused for now reason

Microsoft Store downloads are extremely slow and keep pausing.

Hi,

I've recently purchased Forza Motorsport 7 on the Microsoft Store.

I just checked my internet download speed and it is a stable 50mbps.

While downloading the game on Microsoft Store, I can not get faster than 15mbps.

This means the game will take over three times longer to download than what I expected.

That isn't my main problem though. For some reason the download keeps pausing constantly every minute. Each pause lasts at least 10 minutes before the download continues again. During each pause, the download sometimes says "Finding Product Files".

I have had the download running for 1 hour and have only managed to download 170 MB out of 99 GB. This is unacceptable. Is there anyone who can help me out?

By the way, I have already tried all steps from this answer with no improvement: Microsoft Store Download Speed Painfully Slow

dannychanny, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Downloads are paused for now reason

1. Downloads are paused for now reason - Similar Threads - Downloads are paused

2. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  3. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  4. Pause downloading error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pause downloading error.: I started downloading an app on the latest version of Microsoft Store, after a while I wanted it stop the download but there are no pause buttons or cancel buttons on the download, i cannot stop it !!...
  5. Pause downloading error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pause downloading error.: I started downloading an app on the latest version of Microsoft Store, after a while I wanted it stop the download but there are no pause buttons or cancel buttons on the download, i cannot stop it !!...
  6. Pause downloading error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why is Windows downloading updates if it's been paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows downloading updates if it's been paused?: I've been trying to clean up my computer since it doesn't have much storage left, and I've paused the updates as well until next week... Still, upon checking Temporary Files it says that the Updates went up to 663 MB, but it wasn't like this a few days ago, and it's not the...
  8. how to cancel download "Pause" button

how to cancel download "Pause" button: I pushed the Pause Downloads Button and I should not have done it. How do I get back to automatic downloads on Windows updates? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-download-pause-button/fc122a66-82af-4a7e-a6d0-9c7011695f26
  9. Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons: New HP laptop, less that 2 months. Cursor started to stop/pause for a couple seconds than it catches up with the mouse / touch pad movement. Problem appeared ones in a week or so after purchase. Then it seems to became worse. Pauses happen unexpectedly and without any...
  10. About pause downloading updates.

About pause downloading updates.: Can I pause the downloading windows 10 may 2019 update????? I didn't have enough data plan today to download. But I started download using windows update.... Can I pause downloading and continue it tomorrow?????...