Windows 10: Downloads Being Blocked

Discus and support Downloads Being Blocked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abhi5301, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Abhi5301 Win User

Downloads Being Blocked

I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I cant download anything at all. I’m not sure exactly when my downlaods starting getting blocks but it was pretty recent.

:)

Abhi5301, Mar 7, 2021

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Mar 7, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Downloads Being Blocked

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Downloads Being Blocked

1. Downloads Being Blocked - Similar Threads - Downloads Being Blocked

2. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  3. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  4. How to block ISO files from being downloaded?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block ISO files from being downloaded?: Hi,What is the best way to block users from saving .ISO files on their local computer and network drives? We are using Applocker, Intune, SCCM, Group Policy. Which one of these can block it, and how? Thank you....
  5. My Download is being blocked as a Virus

My Download is being blocked as a Virus: I want to download this file that i'm fully aware of it's being false scanned for viruses and i'm having trouble trying to access this file because the download is getting blocked and its very frustrating. So how do i download files with "viruses."[Original Title:...
  6. Glasswire download is being blocked

Glasswire download is being blocked: I can install virtually all software from any company and some even from Microsoft. Software I have used for a long time when trying to install updates I frequently get a message for instance: "Glasswire Setup was blocked because it could harm your computer" If I certify it...
  7. Why are my downloads being blocked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my downloads being blocked?: I have a software program that alerts me to updates to all the various programs I have installed on my computer. Today 12/17 I got a notice that I have 5 updates. All the updates are for programs that I have installed on my computer. When I click on any of them to...
  8. Chrome is not being blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Chrome is not being blocked: I have Google Chrome "blocked" in all of my children's accounts but they can still use chrome on their computers. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-not-being-blocked/288a942f-29d3-4278-b09f-d13250eb6e9c
  9. Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?

Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?: Hello, Tried, several times, to download and install the free version of Avast. Thought it would be a good idea, even though I have Windows Defender running. Won't let me download it. Msg that: this filecouldn't be downloaded. Apparently, Windows Defender is blocking it....
  10. Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows: How to: Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows How to Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows The Attachment Manager is included in Windows to help protect your PC from unsafe attachments that you might receive with an e-mail message and...