Windows 10: Downloads being compressed

Discus and support Downloads being compressed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every thing I download in my C: drive seems to be getting compressed and has 2 blue arrows facing each other on the shortcut.How do I stop this 130405 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by editman99, Apr 8, 2019.

1. editman99 Win User

Downloads being compressed

Every thing I download in my C: drive seems to be getting compressed and has 2 blue arrows facing each other on the shortcut.How do I stop this

:)

editman99, Apr 8, 2019

2. System and compressed memory, messing up everything help please Downloads being compressed :(

I've tried all the suggestions listed, but the usage is still high. system
    and compressed memory

simontezzo, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Downloads being compressed

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Downloads being compressed

1. Downloads being compressed - Similar Threads - Downloads being compressed

2. Newly downloaded files not compressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly downloaded files not compressing: Apparently since 7/15, newly downloaded files saved from Firefox into a compressed folder are not automatically compressing.It is the folder I use for archiving Calibre updates, and I save the old updates because I never know when they are going to discontinue updates for a...
  3. Newly downloaded files not compressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly downloaded files not compressing: Apparently since 7/15, newly downloaded files saved from Firefox into a compressed folder are not automatically compressing.It is the folder I use for archiving Calibre updates, and I save the old updates because I never know when they are going to discontinue updates for a...
  4. Newly downloaded files not compressing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  6. How to download the compressed folder.zip file?

How to download the compressed folder.zip file?: Hi! I saw someone who ask the same question that I have: the option for compress zip file is missing. So I saw the answer: "If you cannot find the file in this folder then you may need to manually download the Compressed folder.zip file." Where can I download it? I dont...
  7. downloads being odd

downloads being odd: whenever i download anything it the picture for the file is internet explorer even when i use chrome and when i click open a screen comes up with things to click open,save, and save as when i do open i click save then open the a copy of that same file it happens with any...
  8. Automatic compression of newly downloaded files

Automatic compression of newly downloaded files: As of recently I've had an issue driving me insane. One day all my files on my SSD were compressed! I manually undid it by unticking the checkbox in properties on my SSD then did the popular line in cmd as admin "fsutil behavior set disablecompression 1", rebooted and after...
  9. My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup.

My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup.: Have this annoying problem, where 2 of my folders automatically gets "compressed" (two arrows pointing as an icon). This ofcourse is a problem on "my documents" and "appdata", as this is folders that is used by a lot of programs. Its only these 2 folders that gets...
  10. Something lost in compressing/uploading/downloading/decompressing

in Windows 10 Support
    Something lost in compressing/uploading/downloading/decompressing: I've written a program that I want to make available to users on my webpage. The package consists of seven files: the .exe file, a .dll file, and five data files. I send all seven to a compressed (zipped) folder, so the user needs to download only one thing. I upload the .zip...