Windows 10: downloads being odd

Discus and support downloads being odd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; whenever i download anything it the picture for the file is internet explorer even when i use chrome and when i click open a screen comes up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColeJohnson7, Apr 24, 2020.

1. downloads being odd

whenever i download anything it the picture for the file is internet explorer even when i use chrome and when i click open a screen comes up with things to click open,save, and save as when i do open i click save then open the a copy of that same file it happens with any thing related to optifine just cause and minecraft and all games i want to know how to fix this problem so i can download stuff

thanks in advanced

:)

ColeJohnson7, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Darkleoco Win User
    OFFICIAL   Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (Discussion)

First step is to download the official HD texture pack.

Darkleoco, Apr 24, 2020
  4. downloads being odd

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

downloads being odd

1. downloads being odd - Similar Threads - downloads being odd

2. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  3. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  4. Downloads folder is being unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder is being unresponsive: So this morning I hopped on my pc and went to download a library for Kontakt, if any of you are familiar, and I am absolutely certain the library was legitimate. After downloading the library, but not installing I believe it is still a zip file but I can't exactly double...
  5. downloads are not being saved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloads are not being saved: Message from Windows 10: C:\Users\name\Downloads is unavailable. I have made no changes to anything on my computer but suddenly I am unable to access anything I saved to downloads.The above message appears or a message stating: file could not be found.Everything was working...
  6. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  7. OneDrive being odd or is it normal behaviour?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive being odd or is it normal behaviour?: Hi All, So my lecturer wanted me to submit coursework to him via a shared folder in OneDrive. I thought 'OK why not - what could go wrong?'. After signing in it decided to remove all of the folders and their contents from my Desktop, Documents, Music and Pictures...
  8. Microsoft Store download is a bit odd for me

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store download is a bit odd for me: Hi I purchased the Xbox game pass to play Sea of Thieves. The subscription ran out but I didn't uninstall the game. I recently repurchased the game pass and tried to launch the game but it did not work. I uninstalled the game and tried to re-install it but it still doesn't...
  9. Downloads being compressed

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads being compressed: Every thing I download in my C: drive seems to be getting compressed and has 2 blue arrows facing each other on the shortcut.How do I stop this 130405
  10. Plugged in my iPhone and noticed this odd icon being displayed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugged in my iPhone and noticed this odd icon being displayed: Hi all - Never a day of peace with W10... *Tongue I simply inserted my iPhone 7 and W10 took care of the necessary preparations. Take a look at the screenshot - [img] Now, does that look like a Cellphone to you? Also look at my external USB 3.0 WD 4TB HDD drive icon....