Windows 10: downloads blocked

Discus and support downloads blocked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to download... Want to put open office on but everything just "disappears" or is blocked Any ideas on how to allow non Microsoft apps to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ianvncnt, Jun 18, 2020.

1. ianvncnt Win User

downloads blocked

Trying to download...

Want to put open office on but everything just "disappears" or is blocked

Any ideas on how to allow non Microsoft apps to be added...Going crazy, new laptop

:)

ianvncnt, Jun 18, 2020

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jun 18, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

downloads blocked

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

downloads blocked

1. downloads blocked - Similar Threads - downloads blocked

2. new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install: new laptop with windows 11 with S mode. Unable to open H & R Block download. Receive message below. Can I get the app without removing S-mode?...
  3. new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install: new laptop with windows 11 with S mode. Unable to open H & R Block download. Receive message below. Can I get the app without removing S-mode?...
  4. Microsoft Store blocked download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store blocked download: Hi,We have a GPO which blocks the use and downloads from the Microsoft Store for our company. We have previously changed a registry key to bypass this for one or two apps which are required. We would also move the OU the computer resides in to one which GPO's are not applied...
  5. Microsoft Store blocked download

Microsoft Store blocked download: Hi,We have a GPO which blocks the use and downloads from the Microsoft Store for our company. We have previously changed a registry key to bypass this for one or two apps which are required. We would also move the OU the computer resides in to one which GPO's are not applied...
  6. I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...: I tried rebooting my laptop, turning off firewall, checked my apps can be from “anywhere”. The “permission“ menu comes up and I click “yes” and then nothing happens. Help? Please!Jill G...
  7. I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...

I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...: I tried rebooting my laptop, turning off firewall, checked my apps can be from “anywhere”. The “permission“ menu comes up and I click “yes” and then nothing happens. Help? Please!Jill G...
  8. I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...: I have a secondary user on my laptop that's trying to use an app on their profile but when they open it the app is blocked for trying to makes changes and it prompts them to enter the admin password. Is there a way to bypass this so they have full access to the app and don't...
  10. Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...

Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...: I have a secondary user on my laptop that's trying to use an app on their profile but when they open it the app is blocked for trying to makes changes and it prompts them to enter the admin password. Is there a way to bypass this so they have full access to the app and don't...