Windows 10: Downloads disappear after 48 hours

Discus and support Downloads disappear after 48 hours in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the last month, it seems that Windows is deleting files saved in the Downloads folder after about 48 hours. I've lost pictures, docs, etc. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LewisCrow, Jan 25, 2019.

1. LewisCrow Win User

Downloads disappear after 48 hours

In the last month, it seems that Windows is deleting files saved in the Downloads folder after about 48 hours. I've lost pictures, docs, etc. Is this a new "feature?"

:)

LewisCrow, Jan 25, 2019

2. GoGamer.com 48 Hour Madness!

GoGamer.com 48 Hour Madness sale!

Mindweaver, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Alicia J Win User
    KB3189866 download halts at 48%

Mine has been stuck at 54% downloaded for hours. Any suggestions?

Alicia J, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Downloads disappear after 48 hours

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Downloads disappear after 48 hours

1. Downloads disappear after 48 hours - Similar Threads - Downloads disappear hours

2. 48 hours broken hearted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    48 hours broken hearted: Hello, My flash drive wont show up in my computer. I tried to look for it on disk management but there's no media in it. What should I do? I'm so broke : please help me.. I need to recover my files, the data and tools I need is in there. Please help </3...
  3. Xbox game bar deletes itself after 4-48 hours of reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar deletes itself after 4-48 hours of reinstallation: For about 2 months now, xbox game bar has suddenly deleted itself every time I try to reinstall it. This is the same for xbox console companion as well. Furthermore, these are the only apps that delete themselves! I've tried so many things, but nothing working. can anyone...
  4. Multiple BSOD within the past 48 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD within the past 48 hours: Hello, In the last 48 hours I have encountered multiple bsod with the stop code being apc_index_mismatch. I have previously updated drivers, performed scan check, and still end up with the same stop code. Next, I ran driver verifier and included the following mini dump...
  5. Constant BSODs and freezes in last 48 hours.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs and freezes in last 48 hours.: Hello, I've been having constant BSODs and freezes for the last 2 days, mostly while gaming, and sometimes while just casually using the PC. I've seen 4 different kinds of stop codes as well. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL multiple times. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION two times....
  6. Restore points keep deleting after 48 hours after windows 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore points keep deleting after 48 hours after windows 2020 update: so i updated to windows 2020 release version 2004. I noticed my restore points have vanished every 48 hours i manually created one on July first i checked it a few hours ago and it was gone. my restore setting had the restore point set to 4%usage I will raise it if need be....
  7. {Resolved} New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    {Resolved} New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download: I've been trying to download a large about 4.6 Gigabyte ZIP file. I was able to find it in the downloads folder when it was done, but after at least 30 minutes, the file goes missing and I have to re-download it. I can make a copy within that time and the copy is unaffected....
  8. New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download: I've been trying to download a large about 4.6 Gigabyte ZIP file. I was able to find it in the downloads folder when it was done, but after at least 30 minutes, the file goes missing and I have to re-download it. I can make a copy within that time and the copy is unaffected....
  9. 48 Hours Giveaway of EaseUS Todo Backup Home

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    48 Hours Giveaway of EaseUS Todo Backup Home: The folks at EaseUS have offered us a 48 hour giveaway for EaseUS Todo Backup Home. [img] Todo Backup Home Easy laptop & PC backup and recovery software for home users. It enables users one click to back up system and restore, and performs differential &...
  10. From 7 To 10 To 7 ---- And all in 48 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    From 7 To 10 To 7 ---- And all in 48 hours: Hi All, This is just to provide my recent experience(s) with the "Free" upgrade "Gift" from Microsoft, in the hope that the information may prevent others from wasting their time as I just have. I run my Broadband on monthly data allowance from 3 Mobile, so have to be a...