Windows 10: downloads disappeared

Discus and support downloads disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My whole download folder is empty. All of my files gone and the recycle bin is empty. it was full yesterday. How did this happen? and how can i get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lincoln56, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Lincoln56 Win User

downloads disappeared

My whole download folder is empty. All of my files gone and the recycle bin is empty. it was full yesterday.

How did this happen? and how can i get my stuff back?

:)

Lincoln56, Apr 8, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Apr 8, 2020
  4. downloads disappeared

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

downloads disappeared

1. downloads disappeared - Similar Threads - downloads disappeared

2. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  3. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  4. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...
  6. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...
  7. Download folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder has disappeared: HiSo I was trying to back up my Downloads folder to Onedrive and I can across the post below:"You cant add a folder to OneDrive Sync that is not in your OneDrive folder. In order to sync your Documents etc, windows moves these folders from...
  8. Download folder has disappeared

Download folder has disappeared: HiSo I was trying to back up my Downloads folder to Onedrive and I can across the post below:"You cant add a folder to OneDrive Sync that is not in your OneDrive folder. In order to sync your Documents etc, windows moves these folders from...
  9. Download folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Downloads file disappeared after moving from C: to D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads file disappeared after moving from C: to D:: To be honest, not entirely sure what I did. I think I probably just dragged the entire folder from C to D, hoping to clear space yeah..., and now the entire folder is missing, and I'm not sure if it's interfering with anything else. I can't find the download folder with any...