Windows 10: Downloads/documents

Discus and support Downloads/documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why did my downloads, documents and pictures disappear when Windows 10 was updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnnBlack3, Sep 5, 2020.

1. AnnBlack3 Win User

Downloads/documents

Why did my downloads, documents and pictures disappear when Windows 10 was updated

:)

AnnBlack3, Sep 5, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 5, 2020
  3. StefanM Win User
    StefanM, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Downloads/documents

downloading a scanned document

Hello Pamela,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Please clarify if you're downloading the attached document via Mail app or browser?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Downloads/documents

1. Downloads/documents - Similar Threads - Downloads documents

2. Where can I download the Microsoft XPS Document Writer MXDW?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where can I download the Microsoft XPS Document Writer MXDW?: Where can I download the Microsoft XPS Document Writer MXDW?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-download-the-microsoft-xps-document/6a7cc9a6-76b4-4f33-8c5f-2c9b47db5877
  3. How to to repair windows download and document folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to to repair windows download and document folder: So I was messing around with a program that deletes file then I accidentally wiped out the whole download and document folder itself. I got an error claims that those folders are not there after trying to click on the leftover icon....
  4. How to to repair windows download and document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to to repair windows download and document folder: So I was messing around with a program that deletes file then I accidentally wiped out the whole download and document folder itself. I got an error claims that those folders are not there after trying to click on the leftover icon....
  5. How to to repair windows download and document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...: Search in C:\Users\Komninos\Downloads not showing any results in Windows Explorer.Same issue for Pictures, Documents, Downloads.I recently moved them from D , but I doubt that was it.They have the files in the, it just won't quick search.The quick search is not working for...
  7. Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...: Search in C:\Users\Komninos\Downloads not showing any results in Windows Explorer.Same issue for Pictures, Documents, Downloads.I recently moved them from D , but I doubt that was it.They have the files in the, it just won't quick search.The quick search is not working for...
  8. Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...

9. since the update I can no longer fully download documents. The download fails at some point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    since the update I can no longer fully download documents. The download fails at some point: Since the last update I can no longer download documents. System fails at some point in the download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-the-update-i-can-no-longer-fully-download/c9c3a26d-6ad6-4af3-9a31-131a0dcb8cb1
  10. since the update I can no longer fully download documents. The download fails at some point

since the update I can no longer fully download documents. The download fails at some point: Since the last update I can no longer download documents. System fails at some point in the download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-the-update-i-can-no-longer-fully-download/c9c3a26d-6ad6-4af3-9a31-131a0dcb8cb1