Windows 10: Downloads File changes when a download is added

Discus and support Downloads File changes when a download is added in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Request: Microsoft Windows File Explorer Downloads. When we download to our Downloads File The file changes from a single Alphabetical list TO 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonFoltz, Jun 5, 2020.

1. DonFoltz Win User

Downloads File changes when a download is added

Request: Microsoft Windows File Explorer Downloads. When we download to our Downloads File The file changes from a single Alphabetical list TO 4 Non-alphabetical sub-files. Let that change be MY choice, not yours for me!!.

:)

DonFoltz, Jun 5, 2020

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Pinchy Win User

BitTorrent planning on launching ad-supported downloads

You probably have to view an ad to actually download the torrent file.

Pinchy, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Downloads File changes when a download is added - Similar Threads - Downloads File changes

2. Why would Downloaded file names change upon download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would Downloaded file names change upon download?: Good morning all,I download data files daily for my job and typically they are named as such"Daily Error Report_2023-12-24T05_49_03.csv" but in the past week or so the name of the File after it's downloaded is listed as follows...
  3. Why would Downloaded file names change upon download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would Downloaded file names change upon download?: Good morning all,I download data files daily for my job and typically they are named as such"Daily Error Report_2023-12-24T05_49_03.csv" but in the past week or so the name of the File after it's downloaded is listed as follows...
  4. download speeds when downloading a file on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speeds when downloading a file on windows 11: So recently my downloading speeds when downloading a file have went to about 100 kb/s consitenly which i find odd because before it was at around 20 mb/s. I dont know why this is happening. I did a test and got 95 mb/s upload and download 98 mb/s. Does someone know anything...
  5. download speeds when downloading a file on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download speeds when downloading a file on windows 11: So recently my downloading speeds when downloading a file have went to about 100 kb/s consitenly which i find odd because before it was at around 20 mb/s. I dont know why this is happening. I did a test and got 95 mb/s upload and download 98 mb/s. Does someone know anything...
  6. Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.: When I open text file I download it changes encoding ASCII but Encoding is good only when I open it with browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoding-is-changing-when-i-open-downloaded-text/a5054bed-6f41-4561-9ecc-52bea667d208
  7. Adding Users and Downloads

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding Users and Downloads: I bought Minecraft for my son to put on our old laptop. I purchased it under "dadsprofile". I set him up a user profile on the same laptop under "kidsprofile". But when we use his profile to login I can not get Minecraft to download to his account, it only shows up when I...
  8. Change File Download to Correct File

Change File Download to Correct File: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016. I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I changed the RMD file to a PDF Adobe Acrobat file. I tried to re-download the file and each time I re-download the file, the...
  9. download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files

in Windows 10 Customization
    download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files: I don't know what happened but when i go to download videos, the only way i can save a video now is either as a "html document" or "All Files" I even tried to find the .file to change the default app as that is the type of file it downloads as but to no avail. i was...
  10. Files being downloaded into my Pictures folders but not by me. Changes and files added...

Files being downloaded into my Pictures folders but not by me. Changes and files added...: How can I stop files being downloaded? And how can I delete all files already downloaded into my Pictures folders? There are already dozens of these files downloaded without my authorization....