Windows 10: Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly

Discus and support Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I download a document from the web or when I save a document attached to an email, it often puts it in the Downloads folder but under the wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NPtc3, Jan 22, 2020.

1. NPtc3 Win User

Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly

When I download a document from the web or when I save a document attached to an email, it often puts it in the Downloads folder but under the wrong date. My computer has the correct date and time on it so why is it assigning the wrong date to the dowloaded or saved file? I'm running Windows 10 and I use Chrome for my browser and Outlook for email.

Thanks.

:)

NPtc3, Jan 22, 2020

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Jegergrim Win User

wont download correctly

Do you have sufficient space on your drive ? (Thinking the files you are downloading might be large..?)

Jegergrim, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly - Similar Threads - Downloads File Dating

2. dates different for downloaded files in date column.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dates different for downloaded files in date column.: Every time I save a file, the dates column shows different dates for every file previous dates..., my laptop clock is accurate ... How do I resolve the issue???...
  3. "Downloads" folder sorting by the date that I downloaded each file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Downloads" folder sorting by the date that I downloaded each file: My downloads folder is sorted in to "Today", "Yesterday", and "Earlier This Week". No matter how I change the "Sort By" option, I can't get rid of the aforementioned sorting. For example, if I change it to "Sort by Name", it arranged the files in each category alphabetically,...
  4. Downloads Date

Downloads Date: [ATTACH] Hello guys so i reinstalled Windows 10 and when i go in the Downloads folder i see this annoying thing can you help me disable it! I already tried to disable some settings but didn't work....
  5. Correct Download Folders File path

Correct Download Folders File path: My default download folder was Downloads in C: Drive I moved location to my Partioned I: drive for more space. I did not name it correctly and it appears in File explorerI[ATTACH]...
  6. Change File Download to Correct File

Change File Download to Correct File: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016. I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I changed the RMD file to a PDF Adobe Acrobat file. I tried to re-download the file and each time I re-download the file, the...
  7. Group by date in download...

Group by date in download...: Hi there, hopefully someone can help as both google and MS forums have proven incredibly unhelpful... I'm really annoyed by the grouping in the downloads folder, have no idea what fumes MS were high on when they decided to make this feature preapplied, but it's the best...
  8. Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded: Last night I updated my PC and shut it down to go to bed, and when I got on today I noticed my downloads folder was sorted by the date downloaded. [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix this?...
  9. Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files

Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files: I am having issues with downloaded files having a date not corresponding with my systems date. It all began after updating to Windows 10 1803. Files were downloaded on the 1/13/2019 but it's having 2016 date on it and this is affecting my sorting. Any fix for this please?...
  10. Show Date Downloaded

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Date Downloaded: I can't figure out how to show download date or date document was changed in the downloads folder. 47901