Windows 10: Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS.

Discus and support Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For several weeks now this has been happening, and it ONLY happens in the Downloads folder. When I open it it has changed its view settings so that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottF0033, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS.

For several weeks now this has been happening, and it ONLY happens in the Downloads folder. When I open it it has changed its view settings so that the icons are grouped and sorted by date. I change the settings to NONE for group by.. then change it back to sort by name view details. No matter what I do the next time I open the downloads folder -- it will be back to grouped and sorted by date, sometimes it does it when I just refresh the window. I have tried going through both the toolbar and the menu's as older solutions to similar problems in this forum have stated, but no help for me.. same thing no matter what I do the downloads folder will always open up with sorting by date and grouping icons.. stumped on this one. Its obviously not a major crashing my windows issue, but is sure a damn ANNOYING one.. anyone have any fresh ideas on this as I cant find anything here that works.

:)

ScottF0033, Aug 2, 2020

2. downloads folder sorted into dated groups, WHY? How to change back?

I just downloaded a file and discovered that (since the 1903 upgrade I believe) the downloads folder is sectioned into dated groups. This is the most awful thing for me and I can find no way to put the folder back into a simple list. Other folders I have
    opened so far don't seem to suffer from this abomination. Does some developer think I don't know how to find the date or sort the way I want to in this or other folders? I hope there is someone out there that can help me reverse this stupidity.

Edit: I found the Group By view and corrected my issue. No idea how it changed. Sorry for the rant.

DarkkHelmet, Aug 2, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Date separator in Downloads folder

Details, like it's always been, changed it to List and the sorting is worse, and the separators remain. And this only affects the downloads folder, Documents, Desktop, and other default folders don't show this.

Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS. [​IMG]

Oh you said Group By, read that wrong. Date Modified, if i change it to Name or something else the date separators are still there.

kormath, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS.

Shawn Brink, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS.

1. Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS. - Similar Threads - Downloads Folder always

2. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  3. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  4. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change default download folder date by category to date sort only?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default download folder date by category to date sort only?: Windows Pro 20H (Build 19042) Is it possible to change the default grouping (eg. Earlier This Week, Last Week, Last Month, etc.) to 'none' permanently? Can I also *permanently* change the default sort to alphabetical instead? Thank you. 181875
  6. Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date: Same issue posted here but I can't comment because it's "archived". The old post says it happened last year, but for me it has been going on for the past 2-3 months only. My normal layout for this folder is : no grouping, detailed view, added "creation date column" and sort...
  7. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...
  8. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely: On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find anything any more. I...
  9. downloads folder sorted into dated groups, WHY? How to change back?

downloads folder sorted into dated groups, WHY? How to change back?: I just downloaded a file and discovered that (since the 1903 upgrade I believe) the downloads folder is sectioned into dated groups. This is the most awful thing for me and I can find no way to put the folder back into a simple list. Other folders I have opened so far don't...
  10. Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded: Last night I updated my PC and shut it down to go to bed, and when I got on today I noticed my downloads folder was sorted by the date downloaded. [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix this?...