Windows 10: Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May...

Discus and support Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't user insider builds on my computer. I only use official public versions of Windows 10 updates. On Tuesday June 18th I installed the May 2019... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Green ZeldaYoshi, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May...

I don't user insider builds on my computer. I only use official public versions of Windows 10 updates. On Tuesday June 18th I installed the May 2019 update on my computer and my default view for my downloads folder changed to friendly dates. I thought this was removed from the public version of the update. I can't disable it from a context menu or folder options. I want the old view back. Is this a known issue right now or is this supposed to happen?

Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May... 92d9d114-ae1a-4bf2-8db0-5d9190d347fb?upload=true.jpg

I'm on build 1903.

Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May... 329218f8-e1de-4644-b45c-1665ba3dcbc1?upload=true.jpg

:)

Green ZeldaYoshi, Jun 22, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 22, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May...

Windows 10 Change default on file view

Sorry but following the steps that you describe applied to the documents folder did not appear to change the views from details to list in any subfolders which were already set to 'Detail'.

Nor did this change of default view appear with addition of New folder or a subfolder of New folder.

CarletonGarrett, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May...

1. Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May... - Similar Threads - Downloads folder default

2. Change View in Downloads Folder of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View in Downloads Folder of Windows 11: Greetings.I looked up a similar question, For Windows 10, but I'm asking it for Windows 11.I've noticed in the Downloads folder how it has subheadings like "Today," "Yesterday," and "A long time ago." I've fiddled with the View, and Properties of this folder, to no avail. I...
  3. Change View in Downloads Folder of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View in Downloads Folder of Windows 11: Greetings.I looked up a similar question, For Windows 10, but I'm asking it for Windows 11.I've noticed in the Downloads folder how it has subheadings like "Today," "Yesterday," and "A long time ago." I've fiddled with the View, and Properties of this folder, to no avail. I...
  4. Change default download folder date by category to date sort only?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default download folder date by category to date sort only?: Windows Pro 20H (Build 19042) Is it possible to change the default grouping (eg. Earlier This Week, Last Week, Last Month, etc.) to 'none' permanently? Can I also *permanently* change the default sort to alphabetical instead? Thank you. 181875
  5. Change Downloads Folder View Aug2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Downloads Folder View Aug2020: What I want (/had, pre-recent update): Folder View Large Icons, Sort by Date Modified (Descending), Folders before loose files. The Problem: Can't Customize system's default Computer/Downloads folder (Read Only); Can't create working shortcut to actual...
  6. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  7. Default Folder Views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...
  8. Change the default Download folder for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change the default Download folder for Edge: Is there a way to change the default folder for downloads in Edge? I don't really want downloads being directed to my C: which is a SSD. I would prefer to change this to my HDD. Internet Explorer allowed this. Even if it means a manual registry edit, happy to do it, if...
  9. Change default Downloads folder in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change default Downloads folder in Edge: Anyone know how to change the default Downloads folder in Edge in build 10159? I've looked through all the settings, including the Advanced ones, and there's nowhere to change this. 7619
  10. Default Folder View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View?: Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened. 9521