Windows 10: Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files

Discus and support Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open Files and click on the Downloads tab, it applies a filter to only show Small (15 KB - 1MB) files. This happens every time I open Files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PopsicleSnow, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files

When I open Files and click on the Downloads tab, it applies a filter to only show Small (15 KB - 1MB) files. This happens every time I open Files and open the Downloads folder. Please help!

:)

PopsicleSnow, Oct 10, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Oct 10, 2019
  3. jagman Win User
    Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

New Laptop w/Win 10 displayed the file size correctly until this morning.

This morning, they all are KB.

It USES KB instead MB. I know they are MB size.

Example, right window where the files are listed under the SIZE col, all are 00,000 KB.
    I know they are large so I went to PROPERTY lists correctly, 00,000 MB.

ANYONE?

jagman, Oct 10, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files

1. Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files - Similar Threads - Downloads folder Files

2. Is there a way to make the file size column to display in Mb instead of kb in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make the file size column to display in Mb instead of kb in file explorer?: When I use file explorer in detail view, it displays the file size in kb. Is there a way to make it display the file size in Mb instead of kb? When I use any other view icons, tiles, list, etc, it displays the file size in Mb, so how do I get that in detail view??...
  3. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  4. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  5. Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer: How do I change KB To MB in Windows File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-kb-to-mb-in-windows-file-explorer/241b61f2-525b-4005-b386-d645dc4fbfcb
  6. Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer: How do I change KB To MB in Windows File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-kb-to-mb-in-windows-file-explorer/241b61f2-525b-4005-b386-d645dc4fbfcb
  7. Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Downloads folder not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder not showing all files: I just noticed that my downloads folder seemed to have less files in it then when I remembered. Currently I can only see 800 files but when I check the properties it says there are 4000 files which makes a lot more sense. I have show hidden files on enabled and everything...
  9. How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or 1 KB shortcut

in Windows 10 News
    How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or 1 KB shortcut: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have an old Audio CD, but you cannot copy files from your CD to your PC because the audio CD is showing a 1 KB shortcuts only, then you can follow this tutorial to get the job done. [...] This post How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or...
  10. Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday: Yesterday I was able to see all of the files I downloaded, however today I tried to go and find them but only the ones that I downloaded yesterday showed up. I've tried looking for hidden files and going into other drives incase they somehow migrated, but had no luck....