Windows 10: Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files

Discus and support Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open Files and click on the Downloads tab, it applies a filter to only show Small (15 KB - 1MB) files. This happens every time I open Files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PopsicleSnow, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files

When I open Files and click on the Downloads tab, it applies a filter to only show Small (15 KB - 1MB) files. This happens every time I open Files and open the Downloads folder. Please help!

:)

PopsicleSnow, Oct 10, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Oct 10, 2019
  3. jagman Win User
    Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

New Laptop w/Win 10 displayed the file size correctly until this morning.

This morning, they all are KB.

It USES KB instead MB. I know they are MB size.

Example, right window where the files are listed under the SIZE col, all are 00,000 KB.
    I know they are large so I went to PROPERTY lists correctly, 00,000 MB.

ANYONE?

jagman, Oct 10, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files

1. Downloads folder in Files is only showing Small (15 KB - 1 MB) files - Similar Threads - Downloads folder Files

2. How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder: I download wav files to import into Express Transcribe. Since Windows 10 they do not appear in the download file. How do I get them to show?...
  3. Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

Show only MP3 files in File Explorer: Is there a way to make File Explorer only show MP3 files and not include all the album art. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-only-mp3-files-in-file-explorer/1c540234-e2e5-4560-ab97-43206658c134"
  4. Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail

Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail: Hi! This is a minor issue that bugs me... I appreciate if someone has a solution for this... :) For other folders in Windows 10, whenever a new file is added in a folder, the folder shows the 2 latest/newly added files in the folder thumbnail. However, for my music folder...
  5. Windows Defender only scanning 15 files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender only scanning 15 files: Just today, Defender started scanning 15 files only (quick or full) Quick scan normally scans 38,000+Full 1.11M+ everything was OK yesterday, support will call on 20/09/2019 Running Windows 10 (1809) on i7 laptop Has anyone come across this before?...
  6. File Path View to show only open folders not all folders

File Path View to show only open folders not all folders: I have file explorer setup to expand to the open folder in the navigation pane of file explorer. There is one specific folder that will only open the current file path for the folder i am in or show other folders within that folder that i have recently opened, but it does not...
  7. File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders

File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders: My icons disappeared only in (Extra) Large Icons but all of the file and folder icons only appear in medium icon. Ive been trying to solve this by searching through google but it didnt work. The files inside the folder disappeared too.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday

Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday: Yesterday I was able to see all of the files I downloaded, however today I tried to go and find them but only the ones that I downloaded yesterday showed up. I've tried looking for hidden files and going into other drives incase they somehow migrated, but had no luck....
  9. Download folder shows old deleted files when search for needed file

in Windows 10 Support
    Download folder shows old deleted files when search for needed file: I chose not to put this in the virtualization section because I don't think this problem is VirtualBox. I'm trying to run another os on VirtualBox so I download the iso image. All my downloads are found in the downloads folder and the iso I download is shown along with a...
  10. Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB: New Laptop w/Win 10 displayed the file size correctly until this morning. This morning, they all are KB. It USES KB instead MB. I know they are MB size. Example, right window where the files are listed under the SIZE col, all are 00,000 KB. I know they are large so...