Windows 10: Downloads folder looks strange

Discus and support Downloads folder looks strange in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know what I did, but one day my downloads folder started looking strange. It's only my downloads folder. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I've tried a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Oats M., Apr 21, 2020.

1. Oats M. Win User

Downloads folder looks strange

I don't know what I did, but one day my downloads folder started looking strange. It's only my downloads folder.

Downloads folder looks strange fa81b69d-6a17-4cd7-ae7f-3c560dc57ce7?upload=true.png

Downloads folder looks strange 66224b1e-abcd-4545-b05f-1613efa93559?upload=true.png

I've tried a lot but nothing seems to be working. Please help me.

:)

Oats M., Apr 21, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Apr 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Downloads folder looks strange - Similar Threads - Downloads folder looks

2. The font looks very strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The font looks very strange: This is my screen capture of an app, and the font at the bottom part is literally strange against others'. I have not found anyone has the same issue with me.I have the "Smooth edges of screen fonts" option on and I tried adjusting "ClearTypes" but it didn't work.All text on...
  3. The font looks very strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The font looks very strange: This is my screen capture of an app, and the font at the bottom part is literally strange against others'. I have not found anyone has the same issue with me.And this is an screenshot from others on YouTubeCan anyone figure out what's wrong with the font or settings....
  4. Downloads folder looks weird now

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder looks weird now: im used to it looking something like this photo from googlebut now it looks like this. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-folder-looks-weird-now/737dafff-c4eb-4372-88b1-a41964e44d13
  5. Pictures Folders look strange in Windows 10 OneDrive

Pictures Folders look strange in Windows 10 OneDrive: Hello. I'm a Windows 10 user. Recently in my OneDrive, there's something strange that makes the picture folders become like this:Before that, the folders always show photos' preview thumbnail or Windows Photo Viewer thumbnail inside their icons. Sometimes, this even happens...
  6. Windows Apps looking strange

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Apps looking strange: [img] I somehow managed to make my Windows Apps look strange: Explorer, Settings.... Has someone a clue what setting i have actived and how to turn it back to default? 167186
  7. My path looks strange

My path looks strange: Hi, I was wondering if my path looks correct. When I start up my laptop (Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 most recent update) I see the following path: C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Desktop\ Why do I see Users\User Does this mean I am constantly saving on OneDrive. That would be a...
  8. Strange looking windows [Solved]

Strange looking windows [Solved]: Hi, I had this problem with windows since i restarted it, all the windows have a strange looking border and sign, i will add a photo so you can get what i mean! Can anyone tell me how to fix it? [ATTACH]...
  9. Strange looking windows

Strange looking windows: Hi, I had this problem with windows since i restarted it, all the windows have a strange looking border and sign, i will add a photo so you can get what i mean! [ATTACH]...
  10. Strange look after cutoff...

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange look after cutoff...: last night I shut down the pc cause of the thunderstorm. This morning after it rebooted the display looks very strange: every looks really big but "squeezed". One thing easily noticed is that the wallpaper's left side seems to have vanished. As if the image is now too large...