Windows 10: Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow

Discus and support Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally moved my downloads to the wrong folder. I managed to sort that out but I created an odd situation. I have 2 folders with download arrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mgrant, Mar 3, 2019.

1. mgrant Win User

Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow

I accidentally moved my downloads to the wrong folder. I managed to sort that out but I created an odd situation. I have 2 folders with download arrow icons, one named mgran and one named Downloads. The Quick Access is pointing to the correct Downloads, the other is my userprofile folder:

Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow [​IMG]

The Downloads in the Quick access points to the correct downloads. Under This PC, the 'mgran' folder is really c:\Users\mgran and my downloads folder.

1. How can I put back the folder icon on the mgran folder under This PC? (Yes, I tried restoring the defaults in the properties).

2. How can I show the Downloads folder back up under This PC where it belongs? (not move it, just show it there like it used to be).

Oddly, what seems to have happened is the folder that appears under This PC is pointing to my userprofile directory and the folder which is my Downloads is in fact inside that folder (and is the default download location).

:)

mgrant, Mar 3, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Lost my "Downloads" FOLDER and somehow re-named my User Profile with this same "Downloads" Folder - Help!

Hi,

If the Downloads folder is deleted, disappeared or missing in Windows PC, then you'll not be able to find any downloaded files or data anymore. However, you can restore it back by following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\Default folder.
    • Right-click on Downloads in the right side pane and select
      Copy
    • Navigate to C:\Users\your name folder and right-click the folder.
    • Select Paste.

Then the missing Downloads folder shall be replaced and you’ll be able to use it properly again.

Get back to us with the outcome.

Marque Lor, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow

Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow

1. Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow - Similar Threads - Downloads folder missing

2. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  3. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  4. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing Download folder

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Download folder: I cannot download programs. I continually get the message that the download folder cannot be accessed when I select the Run button. I'm using Winver 1909 and Edge. [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 156622
  6. Missing download folder

Missing download folder: I cannot download programs. When sellecting “run” i get the message that the download directory cannot be accessed. Anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-download-folder/6e633736-43b5-48b0-bcbc-33e8ce941757
  7. Missing Download folder

Missing Download folder: Just upgraded to a new PC. SSD for OS and programs and D drive for storage. My user folders were on the C drive so have successfully relocated these to D drive. However somewhere my Download folder has disappeared. I have tried all methods to search and restore that I have...
  8. Download Folder Missing

Download Folder Missing: My Downloads Folder and all its contents dissappeared. I did not delete it at all, but i press CTRL + J and it tells me all the data is deleted. My virus protection is up to date and not saying thereis an issue, it alot of data i need. Please help !!...
  9. Items missing from Download folder

Items missing from Download folder: I am running Windows 10 with latest update. Recently I opened the Downloads folder and all of the items in it were gone. I had a lot of items in it from previous downloads and now it is empty. I anyone has a solution, please post....
  10. documents downloads and other folders missing from home folder in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    documents downloads and other folders missing from home folder in This PC: When I open File Explorer and go to my home folder, I do not see many folders like Documents, Downloads, Music, Video, etc... The folders do exist -- like if I go to C:\Users\nacho\Downloads but they do not show in the home folder view. I've followed many online articles...