Windows 10: Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder

Discus and support Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was running out of space on my C drive, so I decided to relocate the Downloads folder to the D drive within my User folderD:\Hashim Ali My user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hashimali2001, May 10, 2020.

1. Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder

I was running out of space on my C drive, so I decided to relocate the Downloads folder to the D drive within my User folderD:\Hashim Ali My user folder in the d drive

This ended up merging my user folder and the downloads folder, making it one massive 40 GB folder

I thought I could fix this by relocating it again to a separate folder in D, but now I have 2 downloads folders in D, both of which have folders from my User

Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder ff6f8131-5497-4877-8f4c-3d89021bfae3?upload=true.jpg

Is there any way that I could separate my downloads and User folders and keep downloads in the D drive? Also, should I delete the older downloads folder in D?

:)

hashimali2001, May 10, 2020
  2. mattyb_98 Win User

Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, May 10, 2020
  3. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer.

I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has
    all of my user folders in it. Its address is still C:\Users\pengu, but its name shows up as Downloads. I'm pretty sure I merged my Downloads folder and user folder. During my attempts to fix this, I ended up with a Downloads folder inside of this folder that
    works normally. The new Downloads folder says it's located in C:\Users\pengu\ if I go to the Location tab in Properties. If I try to search my PC for the actual pengu folder, there is a folder named pengu located in a different Users folder on another drive
    as D:\Users\pengu. However, it has no folders inside of it.

Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder d83c2e72-d906-4cee-8359-e706e64d3e14?upload=true.png

Here is a picture of my Users folder.

Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder fce79ec2-7437-4e28-bc05-8e31fd9c9dd2?upload=true.png

And here is inside the folder named Downloads that was in the Users folder. Clicking on the Downloads folder on the left side brings me to the folder named Downloads inside of this folder.

Trying to restore the original location of both C:\Users\pengu\ and D:\Users\pengu\ does nothing. My computer is working fine, but I'm worried that this could have future consequences. I don't have any backups or system restore points available from before
    this happened.

Is there a way to remedy this without reinstalling? If not, how do I reinstall in such a way that I can easily get back all of my various files and apps while still fixing this problem? Or does it even need to be fixed?

Ariana Brisco-Schofield, May 10, 2020
  4. Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Hello. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has all of my user folders in it.
    Its address is still C:\Users\pengu, but its name shows up as Downloads. I'm pretty sure I merged my Downloads folder and user folder. During my attempts to fix this, I ended up with a Downloads folder inside of this folder that works normally. The new Downloads
    folder says it's located in C:\Users\pengu\ if I go to the Location tab in Properties. If I try to search my PC for the actual pengu folder, there is a folder named pengu located in a different Users folder on another drive as D:\Users\pengu. However, it has
    no folders inside of it.

Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder d83c2e72-d906-4cee-8359-e706e64d3e14?upload=true.png

Here is a picture of my Users folder.

Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder fce79ec2-7437-4e28-bc05-8e31fd9c9dd2?upload=true.png

And here is inside the folder named Downloads that was in the Users folder. Clicking on the Downloads folder on the left side brings me to the folder named Downloads inside of this folder.

Trying to restore the original location of both C:\Users\pengu\ and D:\Users\pengu\ does nothing. My computer is working fine, but I'm worried that this could have future consequences. I don't have any backups or system restore points avaliable from before
    this happened.

Is there a way to remedy this without reinstalling? If not, how do I reinstall in such a way that I can easily get back all of my various files and apps while still fixing this problem? Or does it even need to be fixed?

Ariana Brisco-Schofield, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder

1. Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder - Similar Threads - Downloads folder moved

2. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  3. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved User folder to D drive: I accidentally moved my User folder to D disk to make more space on local disk C since it was full. Now when I open my computer, I can't use any program.I tried to copy the User folder back to C disk, but it says not enough space. I'm going to buy a new ,bigger SSD today, but...
  4. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved User folder to D drive: I accidentally moved my User folder to D disk to make more space on local disk C since it was full. Now when I open my computer, I can't use any program.I tried to copy the User folder back to C disk, but it says not enough space. I'm going to buy a new ,bigger SSD today, but...
  5. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Merged User folder and Download folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merged User folder and Download folder: What I did is i merged my download folder with my hp folderI decided to move my download folder from c to d drive so i did that later i decided to move it back to its orignal place but i accidently merged them. After seeing from many web site and youtube they said me that in...
  7. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  8. Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive: Im having some storage issues right now (my C drive having 35 gigs left and my D having 1T) and i wanted to move my Roaming folder over because that's whats taking up a bit of storage. is there any way to do that? Thanks. submitted by /u/xX_Bacon_Boi_Xx [link] [comments]...
  9. Move OneDrive folder from C to D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move OneDrive folder from C to D: New Dell PC with HD C512GB and D2TB and can't figure how to move OneDrive to D HD as default place to keep all files/pictures, etc. will not let me change location. thanks...
  10. Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.: So I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with my Users folder. I've tried the registry fix to no avail. I don't really want to do a fresh install but it appears I may have to. Any help? Thanks submitted by /u/IrishDejent [link] [comments]...