Windows 10: Downloads Folder on Files Explorer Crashes After I Fiddled with it

Discus and support Downloads Folder on Files Explorer Crashes After I Fiddled with it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I initially wanted to reroute downloads from disk C to disk D and tried to reroute auto downloads to a different disks. I changed the location of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luka211, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Luka211 Win User

Downloads Folder on Files Explorer Crashes After I Fiddled with it

I initially wanted to reroute downloads from disk C to disk D and tried to reroute auto downloads to a different disks. I changed the location of the downloads shortcut on the tool bar under "My PC" but it crashed. Now, when I left click, it cannot open and instead displays a location error. When I right click to inspect properties, the entirety of Files Explorer Crashes. I can still access all my files, but I want to fix this without resetting my computer. Please help.

:)

Luka211, Oct 29, 2020

2. I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder

Currently my Downloads folder in File Explorer shows sub-headings like Today and Last month. I would like to change it to a straight list without sub-headings. I've fiddled unsuccessfully with the View options. This is the only folder where this happens,
    and I'd like to lose it. But how?

IImaginethat, Oct 29, 2020
  3. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Downloads Folder on Files Explorer Crashes After I Fiddled with it - Similar Threads - Downloads Folder Files

2. Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing: Hi! Can someone helped me with this?The only folder that crashed is the "Home" folder. I don't have issues on any other folders. I have tried clearing the cache, restarted the explorer with task manager, but nothing works. I also tried this one but, the results is not what I...
  3. Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing: Hi, I recently had an update, and now have this "HOME" folder, however, every time I open it, it crashes/restarts the file explorer. I have thankfully changed the option of when opening file explorer, it opens on 'My PC', instead of 'Home', otherwise it was very frustrating...
  4. My File Explorer Keeps Crashing after clicking the Downloads Folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer Keeps Crashing after clicking the Downloads Folder.: Hello Microsoft Team,I need help as when I attempt to open the downloads folder through file explorer my whole file explorer freezes, and then crashes. A cause of this may be that before this freeze started occuring, I multiple selected a few files and may have accidentaly...
  5. My File Explorer Keeps Crashing after clicking the Downloads Folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My File Explorer Keeps Crashing after clicking the Downloads Folder.: Hello Microsoft Team,I need help as when I attempt to open the downloads folder through file explorer my whole file explorer freezes, and then crashes. A cause of this may be that before this freeze started occuring, I multiple selected a few files and may have accidentaly...
  6. File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder: Hello,When I open file explorer, and I go to the downloads folder, the system app crashes. When it does, I have to stop it using task manager. It also causes other problems with the system, like my laptop screen going white, I have a monitor, and my taskbar not coming up, I...
  7. Multiple folders in file explorer I haven't downloaded

Multiple folders in file explorer I haven't downloaded: A while ago these folders popped up in my hard drive, I've done a malwarebytes and windows anti virus test and they came negative, not sure what any of these are. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. file explorer crash when opening download folder

file explorer crash when opening download folder: Hi. I have some problem when I Open my download folder from D: drive already check the error and it's said Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...
  9. Windows 10 file explorer - downloads folder keeps crashing

Windows 10 file explorer - downloads folder keeps crashing: File explorer suddenly freezes up when I want to view the downloads folder. It says 'working on it ...' but I am not able to access that folder. I have checked the properties of the downloads folder, it is checked to 'general', but also checked to 'read only'. I have...
  10. File Explorer Downloads Folder

File Explorer Downloads Folder: After the 1903 update, the Download's folder in File Explorer is now showing a history of downloads, e.g., notice that Downloads is showing a download from "Last week (1)". How can I stop this folder from keeping track of downloads and have it behave as all the other system...