Windows 10: Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE

Discus and support Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My downloads folder and other folders when using a save as shows files grouped by dates - I prefer just a plan list in which I can select a sort by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gary_Buffalo, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE

My downloads folder and other folders when using a save as shows files grouped by dates - I prefer just a plan list in which I can select a sort by clicking on the columns. The instructions for changing this state to right-click on the white space, then select group by then select none, but there is no "none" choice in the group by menu. How do I fix this? Win 10 2004.

:)

Gary_Buffalo, Sep 22, 2020

2. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find
    anything any more.

I dug around on the web and found the method of opening Explorer, going to View > Group by > (None) but while that fixes the Downloads folder, this is not universal. For example, when I access the Downloads folder from Word via Open or Save as, then the
    view is still grouped by date. I can do the right-click > Group By > None thing from within Word (for example) but that seems to be tied to the session. If I close Word and open it again, I'm back to the darn "Grouped by date" view.

How do I turn it off permanently *everywhere* in Windows 10?

akerbeltzalba, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to
    a folder in Downloads. Now, I can't find the folder I want because the contents are no longer listed alphabetically. How can I change this so that the contents show alphabetically as they do in other Folders?

Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE 539a0702-259d-4acf-91ea-c43d3f73c386?upload=true.png

BunnyBanshee, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Thanks for answering so quickly. Unfortunately, this did not help. It changed the view in File Explorer, which I had already done by changing the Grouping to 'none'. When I followed the steps you mentioned, the view in Explorer went back to grouping
    by date modified, and I had to change it back to grouping by 'none' again. The problem I am having is when saving a file. In File Explorer, it groups alphabetically, in Save As, it groups by date modified. I want it to group alphabetically. This is File
    Explorer ...

Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE 8c11990f-28c9-4fae-a9d7-dd4aeaf8c66d?upload=true.png

As you can see, it groups alphabetically. Then there is Save As ...

Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE afd9b1e7-9ed7-4a19-91f3-83d38392e52b?upload=true.png

Both are grouped differently. I can't see how to change this.

BunnyBanshee, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE

1. Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE - Similar Threads - Downloads folder shows

2. group by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the group by date setting ,no longer groups them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  3. group by date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the group by date setting ,no longer groups them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  4. Stopping the grouping of Downloads folder by date modified FOREVER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stopping the grouping of Downloads folder by date modified FOREVER: Hi All, The first beauty I've discovered following my recent corporate W10 upgrade to build 10.0.18363.1198 it is that the Downloads folder keeps getting sorted by date modified no matter what. I switch to View, go to Group By and select None there, after which it lasts a...
  5. Group By Date in Folders as the Default

Group By Date in Folders as the Default: This is my formal complaint about the awful default setting to group by date in folders. It is seriously just a less useful and more annoying way to sort by column. Why in the world would I want to default be sorted and group by date? What does that accomplish? Other...
  6. Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date: Same issue posted here but I can't comment because it's "archived". The old post says it happened last year, but for me it has been going on for the past 2-3 months only. My normal layout for this folder is : no grouping, detailed view, added "creation date column" and sort...
  7. Group by date in download...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Group by date in download...: Hi there, hopefully someone can help as both google and MS forums have proven incredibly unhelpful... I'm really annoyed by the grouping in the downloads folder, have no idea what fumes MS were high on when they decided to make this feature preapplied, but it's the best...
  8. Disable group by in Downloads folder

Disable group by in Downloads folder: Ever since Windows 10 has updated to 1903 files in the default Downloads folder are being grouped by date. I tried changing it to none but it keeps resetting back - sometimes after restart, sometimes just pressing refresh is enough to reset it back. How can I permanently...
  9. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...
  10. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely: On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find anything any more. I...