Windows 10: downloads folder sort order won't change

Discus and support downloads folder sort order won't change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I just took the latest Windows 10 update on Tuesday, and suddenly my downloads folder isn't sorted the way I want. It appears the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rcavanaugh, Sep 28, 2019.

1. downloads folder sort order won't change

Hi everyone,

I just took the latest Windows 10 update on Tuesday, and suddenly my downloads folder isn't sorted the way I want. It appears the default is to sort by name in ascending order, and it looks like that's how it's selected to display, however it's still sorting files by date. How do I get my downloads folder to sort by name again?

:)

rcavanaugh, Sep 28, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

downloads folder sort order won't change [​IMG]

zbook, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Favourites Folders -alphabetical sorting within each Folder

Hi Neil,

Let me provide you now the steps on how to to sort your folders in alphabetical order.

This method will allow you to arrange your favorites by alphabetical or by their numbers.

Here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Favorites.
    • Right-click on Favorites Bar.
    • Right-click on the Favorites folder.
    • Click on Sort by, then select Name and
      Ascending

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 28, 2019
  4. monim1 Win User

downloads folder sort order won't change

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

downloads folder sort order won't change

1. downloads folder sort order won't change - Similar Threads - downloads folder sort

2. Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders: Hi y'allIs it possible to change the alphabetical order a folder is sorted?Currently it sorts like:ABCD etc.What I need is a way to change the order like:DABC etc. If it isn't possible natively, could it be done by a custom desktop.ini file? Or would I need another file...
  3. Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders: Hi y'allIs it possible to change the alphabetical order a folder is sorted?Currently it sorts like:ABCD etc.What I need is a way to change the order like:DABC etc. If it isn't possible natively, could it be done by a custom desktop.ini file? Or would I need another file...
  4. Change Sort Order of OneDrive Root Folders in Explorer left navigation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Sort Order of OneDrive Root Folders in Explorer left navigation: I have a personal OneDrive account and 2 sometimes 3+ OneDrive for business accounts associated with different tenants. I suspect many of us with multiple accounts might like to manually set the order these appear, but they seem locked into an alphabetic-only sort order. Is...
  5. Change Sort Order of OneDrive Root Folders in Explorer left navigation

Change Sort Order of OneDrive Root Folders in Explorer left navigation: I have a personal OneDrive account and 2 sometimes 3+ OneDrive for business accounts associated with different tenants. I suspect many of us with multiple accounts might like to manually set the order these appear, but they seem locked into an alphabetic-only sort order. Is...
  6. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  7. file/folder sort order

file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  8. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Default sort order for specific folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default sort order for specific folder?: Every time I open OneDrive from the system tray and go to my Camera Uploads folder in Windows Explorer, it is displayed in order of name. That is how I want to view most folders in Explorer, but for this folder I would like it to sort by date desc by default. Is that possible...
  10. Sorting files in Download folder in order of added time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting files in Download folder in order of added time: I have tried these and they don't work properly: date modified, date created, date acquired. Also I have reset grouping to None which didn't help. Windows 10 Home, 1909. submitted by /u/n0tsm4rt [link] [comments]...