Windows 10: Downloads folder taking forever to load

Discus and support Downloads folder taking forever to load in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having a problem with my downloads folder ever since I got a new laptop.I've tried everything, I optimized it for general items, put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by okmanwhy420, May 7, 2022.

1. Downloads folder taking forever to load

Hello, I've been having a problem with my downloads folder ever since I got a new laptop.I've tried everything, I optimized it for general items, put it on read only, and the problem still occurs over and over.

:)

okmanwhy420, May 7, 2022
  2. vjacobie Win User

Download folder takes an age to load

Hey there WightWalker,

Not sure if you have found your solution yet, but I was struggling with this particular issue since installation of Windows 10. A number of my folders took forever to sort by Date, size or anything except the standard Windows Explorer Display.
    Luckily, there is an exact solution that works like a charm!!
    Step 1: Open Explorer
    Step 2: Go to the folder that you have issues with (but don't go into the folder)
    Step 3: Right click on the folder, and select Properties
    Step 4: Click on the "Customize" tab
    Step 5: Under the "Optimize this folder for:" drop down, change this to "General Items"
    Step 6: Tick the box that says include subfolders
    Step 7: Click Apply and OK
    Step 8: Done, move on to your next problem folder and repeat Downloads folder taking forever to load :)

vjacobie, May 7, 2022
  3. Riaan26 Win User
    Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!

Hallo,My downloads folder takes forever to open, sometimes minutes before it has loaded every item.It is a common problem, and I've googled for answers but none of them seem to help. I've tried to right click on properties, and under customize set to general items, didn't work. I clicked on File Explorer and changed "show or hide" File extensions, but didn't work.Any suggestions?! Thanks!!

Riaan26, May 7, 2022
  4. rdburke Win User

Downloads folder taking forever to load

Download folder takes an age to load

I seem to have found a solution (at least on my PC), I went to the View Tab in File Explorer....clicked on Options and then the View Tab on Folder Options Window. Scroll down the list until you see the Checkbox for "Launch folder windows in a separate process" and check that and click Apply. Hope it works for you.....

Downloads folder taking forever to load [​IMG]

rdburke, May 7, 2022
Thema:

Downloads folder taking forever to load

1. Downloads folder taking forever to load - Similar Threads - Downloads folder taking

2. Downloads folder taking forever to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder taking forever to load: Hello, I've been having a problem with my downloads folder ever since I got a new laptop.I've tried everything, I optimized it for general items, put it on read only, and the problem still occurs over and over....
  3. Downloads folder taking forever to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads folder taking forever to load: Hello, I've been having a problem with my downloads folder ever since I got a new laptop.I've tried everything, I optimized it for general items, put it on read only, and the problem still occurs over and over....
  4. Windows taskbar takes forever to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows taskbar takes forever to load: Hi everyone, recently I've been having a major problem with the windows 10 taskbar. It doesn't load for a solid 15-30 minutes. Restarting my pc only works sometimes, but even then it's an absolute hassle to keep restarting my PC just to maybe get it to work. I can open task...
  5. right click takes forever to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    right click takes forever to load: hi, I have been having this problem for 2 days now my windows 10 right click takes too long to load it literally takes forever idk why it is happening pls help me...
  6. Photo folder take forever to load images (green bar)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo folder take forever to load images (green bar): Hello, why on my SSD my images folder take like 10 minutes to load? (the green bar) There are some fix? submitted by /u/Spardantex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kqfv4i/photo_folder_take_forever_to_load_images_green_bar/
  7. mp4 downloads take forever!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mp4 downloads take forever!: Hello. I have a 2020 Lenovo PC adn I'm trying to download short mp4 files but it takes up to 6 hours. If I play the mp4 before downloading it, it plays for a few seconds then loads for a few seconds, the plays for a few seconds etc.. Help!...
  8. Pc taking forever to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc taking forever to load: Hey i need help i havent used my pc in about a month now im tryibg to use it and its stuck in the sign in/ put a pin/password and it wont go to the desktop screen if i am able to put a pin it taking forever loading and stop for some reason idk what to do...
  9. Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!: Hallo,My downloads folder takes forever to open, sometimes minutes before it has loaded every item.It is a common problem, and I've googled for answers but none of them seem to help. I've tried to right click on properties, and under customize set to general items, didn't...
  10. Download folder takes an age to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Download folder takes an age to load: Every other folder in File Explorer opens virtually immediately to show all contents but why does the Download folder have to reload the contents, which takes quite some time, the first time the folder is accessed after switching on. [img] 8226