Windows 10: Downloads Folder wiped with new build 18362.1

Discus and support Downloads Folder wiped with new build 18362.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm in the FAST ring and completed a update not a clean install and my "downloads folder" was wiped clean.*Sad Download and upgrade install went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jm44jg39, Mar 23, 2019.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Downloads Folder wiped with new build 18362.1

I'm in the FAST ring and completed a update not a clean install and my "downloads folder" was wiped clean.*Sad

Download and upgrade install went quickly with no problems. Seems faster this time.

:)

jm44jg39, Mar 23, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 23, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Downloads Folder wiped with new build 18362.1

BarbaricSoul, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Downloads Folder wiped with new build 18362.1

1. Downloads Folder wiped with new build 18362.1 - Similar Threads - Downloads Folder wiped

2. Downloads Folder - New Download Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder - New Download Files: When I download a file to Downloads Folder, I cannot see the file, unless I refresh F5 the Downloads Folder.Is there an option / feature available to automate this? So whenever new files are downloaded, they are listed at top of the list based on Date Modified....
  3. Downloads folder wiped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder wiped: I was looking at threads. And i found that the windows 10 had set itself to delete things when low on space. I have lost an entire essay that is due very soon. Is there anyway i can get it back, i recently created 2/21/21 this deleted essay if that helps? I also didnt know...
  4. Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed: Hi Experts, I have Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed. Windows 10 Version 20H2 appears in my updates to download and install. My concern is should I not first install Windows Version 1909 Final first and then May 2020 before I install 20H2? Regards...
  5. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to download .application file that works for Build 18362

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to download .application file that works for Build 18362: We have an setup application we have our customers use to install our software. The Setup application is a Visual Studio application built in 2013. All of a sudden, with the 18363 Windows build release the main "setup.exe" will download but when it tries to run there is...
  6. Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working: Symptom: ‘Sound’ reports Speakers Not Plugged In. Speakers and Headphones are greyed out. The only available items for Playback are ‘Digital Audio (S/PDIF)’ Hardware: Gigabyte MB X58-USB3, home built around 2013 Background: PC Working fine then Windows Update took it to...
  7. USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362: I updated my PC to Build 18362 and my Laserjet 2200D printer on a USB connection disappeared and I can't add it back in as its not discoverable. I updated another PC to the same build and it doesn't work on that either. I tried the pinter and cable on a laptop and it works...
  8. Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362: Hi, Since I've upgraded some Windows 10 computers to May 2019 (1903) build 18362, Snap Assist is no longer functioning. I cannot drag with my mouse to have multiple windows displayed. I've noticed that some Windows 10 computers on my network that have not been upgraded...
  9. Small issue in latest build 18362....

in Windows 10 Support
    Small issue in latest build 18362....: Got a strange issue! I have a Lenovo T530 laptop....and I was able to install 18362....after several failing tries of the update site, but eventually had to install via the ISO on a USB. EVERYTHING is working.....so I am very pleased. I do have one small issue. When I close...
  10. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18362 (19H1) - March 20

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18362 (19H1) - March 20: Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18362 (19H1) to Fast ring. If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here...