Windows 10: "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

Discus and support "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I NEVER use the Downloads folder within Documents. Whenever I delete it, about a day or so later it magically reappears no files in it and I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TRON1982x, Dec 18, 2022.

1. TRON1982x Win User

"Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

Hi, I NEVER use the Downloads folder within Documents. Whenever I delete it, about a day or so later it magically reappears no files in it and I need to delete it again. My default download location in Edge is the desktop so I'm unsure why Windows feels the need to recreate it time and time again.Thank you.

:)

TRON1982x, Dec 18, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 18, 2022
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 18, 2022
  4. "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Dec 18, 2022
Thema:

"Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

1. "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it - Similar Threads - Downloads folder within

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it: Hi, I NEVER use the Downloads folder within Documents. Whenever I delete it, about a day or so later it magically reappears no files in it and I need to delete it again. My default download location in Edge is the desktop so I'm unsure why Windows feels the need to recreate...
  4. Need to delete files within the WindowsApps folder but can't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to delete files within the WindowsApps folder but can't: A while ago I deleted Minecraft, and now when I go to reinstall it I get an error that leads me to the WindowsApps folder. I figured out how to get into it, but I can't delete anything in it. Below I'll link pictures too. If anybody needs me to elaborate let me...
  5. Need to delete files within the WindowsApps folder but can't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to delete files within the WindowsApps folder but can't: A while ago I deleted Minecraft, and now when I go to reinstall it I get an error that leads me to the WindowsApps folder. I figured out how to get into it, but I can't delete anything in it. Below I'll link pictures too. If anybody needs me to elaborate let me...
  6. Need to delete files within the WindowsApps folder but can't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Document can't delete or make folder/files

Document can't delete or make folder/files: My document can be accessed but can't be deleted or create a folder/file that says "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from user to make a change to this file" but I use my admin account and only my documents are like that other folders, for...
  8. Document can't delete or make folder/files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document can't delete or make folder/files: My document can be accessed but can't be deleted or create a folder/file that says "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from user to make a change to this file" but I use my admin account and only my documents are like that other folders, for...
  9. Document can't delete or make folder/files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. PC can't delete the Documents folder

PC can't delete the Documents folder: I have a brand new Windows 10 Dell computer. In my OneDrive, my Documents folder is empty. I am trying to delete the said folder. I get the blue screen error. Error code: SYSTEM SERVER EXECUTABLE; clfd.sys failed. Try again; the same thing happens....