Windows 10: Downloads folder

Discus and support Downloads folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, how can I change the layout of my downloads folder. Currently, it's set to show files according to time downloaded it is annoying, and for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MilanNikolić2, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Downloads folder

Hello,

how can I change the layout of my downloads folder. Currently, it's set to show files according to time downloaded it is annoying, and for me unfriendly. I want it to look like any other folder.
    Downloads folder 4d6d1745-04b2-4136-8569-2e9865ca24e1?upload=true.png

I would like it without "Yesterday" "Last Week".

Thank you

:)

MilanNikolić2, Nov 6, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 6, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 6, 2019
  4. monim1 Win User

Downloads folder

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Downloads folder

1. Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Downloads folder

2. Downloads Folder not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder not opening: My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?...
  3. Downloads Folder not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Folder not opening: My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?...
  4. I accidentally moved my downloads folder location to desktop. How Do I undo it and get back...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally moved my downloads folder location to desktop. How Do I undo it and get back...: So, I was trying fix the issue of my downloads not showing in download folder and I moved my downloads folder location to desktopStupid move. How can I undo it without losing my existing files?...
  5. I accidentally moved my downloads folder location to desktop. How Do I undo it and get back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally moved my downloads folder location to desktop. How Do I undo it and get back...: So, I was trying fix the issue of my downloads not showing in download folder and I moved my downloads folder location to desktopStupid move. How can I undo it without losing my existing files?...
  6. I accidentally moved my downloads folder location to desktop. How Do I undo it and get back...

7. I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...

I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...: I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with the Videos folder while redirecting the location of the folders from the C:/ to D:/ drives. I can't use File History to restore it. I can't move them back to previous locations or restore the folders to previous versions. I also...
  8. I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...: I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with the Videos folder while redirecting the location of the folders from the C:/ to D:/ drives. I can't use File History to restore it. I can't move them back to previous locations or restore the folders to previous versions. I also...
  9. Group By in downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group By in downloads folder: Hi, whenever I open the downloads folder it goes to the following settings: "Group By: Date" "Sort By: Date". I tried manually changing it, going to Options, View and applying the folder settings, but this does not work for this specific folder, worked in others. Is there...
  10. Group By in downloads folder

Group By in downloads folder: Hi, whenever I open the downloads folder it goes to the following settings: "Group By: Date" "Sort By: Date". I tried manually changing it, going to Options, View and applying the folder settings, but this does not work for this specific folder, worked in others. Is there...