Windows 10: Downloads keep disappearing

Discus and support Downloads keep disappearing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So about a week who I turned on my laptop and all my downloaded files had disappeared it really pissed me off at first but I just redownloaded them and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/evil_mackerel, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Downloads keep disappearing

So about a week who I turned on my laptop and all my downloaded files had disappeared it really pissed me off at first but I just redownloaded them and moved on. And I woke up today to find that it had happened again. Is there anyway I can prevent this from happening?

submitted by /u/evil_mackerel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/evil_mackerel, Apr 10, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Downloads keep disappearing

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Downloads keep disappearing

1. Downloads keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Downloads keep disappearing

2. Downloads folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder disappeared: Don't know what happened but it is completely gone - I don't think I deleted it. Can someone help me get it back? There is a thread on this board from October 2022, but that method did not work for me.Thx in advance...
  3. Downloads folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads folder disappeared: Don't know what happened but it is completely gone - I don't think I deleted it. Can someone help me get it back? There is a thread on this board from October 2022, but that method did not work for me.Thx in advance...
  4. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar keeps disappearing: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened...
  5. Drives keep disappearing after download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives keep disappearing after download: My laptop has a ~100GB SSD C:\ drive and a ~1TB HDD partitioned into D:\, E:\, F:\ each having ~300TB. Everything was working normally until recently where anytime I download anything big say, a few GB onto D/E/F drive, suddenly Windows no longer recognizes the drive, not...
  6. After clicking `Download & Install` 2004 update it keeps disappearing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After clicking `Download & Install` 2004 update it keeps disappearing.: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900) So last week when I ran Windows Update it gave me the button to `Download & Install` the 2004 Windows 10 update. When I clicked it everything just disappeared. I thought that was weird, but I didn't pursue it further. Well, today, Windows...
  7. downloads disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloads disappeared: My whole download folder is empty. All of my files gone and the recycle bin is empty. it was full yesterday. How did this happen? and how can i get my stuff back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-disappeared/9caec0e4-eae3-4e21-a1e2-0ee0e35f5a15
  8. downloaded files disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloaded files disappeared: all of my downloaded files have disappeared. what do I do to get em back??????????????????????HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-files-disappeared/3b832adb-9b7b-4c17-a8cf-222ba655165c"
  9. Downloaded files disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloaded files disappear: Downloaded files disappear in w10 home.They are not anywhere, not even in file history. Recuva revovery software does not show anything. Alberto Product name:HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC Product number:G0U21AAR Serial number:6CF4482BZW BIOS:F.34-12/19/2014 Keyboard...
  10. Downloaded Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloaded Files Disappeared: Well this a new one, yesterday I was downloading a movie, via Utorrent as I have done so many times before. As I do with all my films, I saved them in the directory downloads / Tv shows and films / films / movie title. As I expected, the torrent downloaded fine without any...