Windows 10: Downloads keep failing before they have completed

Discus and support Downloads keep failing before they have completed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers running Windows 10 version 1909, both connected to the internet via the same router. On the laptop, downloads keep failing, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by swamp#thing, May 8, 2020.

1. Downloads keep failing before they have completed

I have two computers running Windows 10 version 1909, both connected to the internet via the same router. On the laptop, downloads keep failing, but I do not have this problem on the desktop computer.

I have had this problem on the laptop for a couple of days now. Before that, networking seemed to be working fine. I cannot think of anything I could have done that would have changed that.

The problem on the laptop occurs no matter whether I connect via wifi or via a USB 3 ethernet adapter.

The problem occurs not only with downloads through my web browser Chrome but also in other applications, namely Ableton Live Suite and iZotope Product Portal. I have been trying to do a number of very large downloads through these applications and it has been a very frustrating experience.

I have tried rebooting the laptop when the failed downloads become very frequent. This resolves the problem for a short time, but after a while, the downloads start failing again.

What is going on and how can I fix it permanently?

:)

swamp#thing, May 8, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Downloads keep failing before they have completed :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 8, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, May 8, 2020
  4. LIV
    Liv Win User

Downloads keep failing before they have completed

Files all downloaded but last part of setup failed

Hi. I was invited to download/install Windows 10 and I followed all the steps to download the files. Then I clicked to install it and it seemed to be doing it. Windows closed down and the computer restarted, but when it opened again it was still Windows 7 and there was a box up relating to Windows upgrades that that said the 'latest upgrade' had failed, and there was a button to click to download Windows 10 if I wanted to (again?!). I don't know where all the files are that were downloaded and what I should do. I saw a suggestion somewhere that firewall/antivirus software can be a problem. I have Bitdefender, that doesn't allow you to disable it.. I suppose I could remove it completely before trying again? But otherwise what should I do? I don't want to download a lot of duplicate files again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thema:

Downloads keep failing before they have completed

1. Downloads keep failing before they have completed - Similar Threads - Downloads keep failing

2. Windows fails before completing boot up .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fails before completing boot up .: I am getting and error Stop Code: Unexpected_kernel_mode_ trapUsing troubleshootTried safe boot but would not load.Tried restore point which also failed.Start up repair no luck. Uninstalled updates no change.Tried command prompt chkdsk/f it had errors but said I could not...
  3. Windows fails before completing boot up .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fails before completing boot up .: I am getting and error Stop Code: Unexpected_kernel_mode_ trapUsing troubleshootTried safe boot but would not load.Tried restore point which also failed.Start up repair no luck. Uninstalled updates no change.Tried command prompt chkdsk/f it had errors but said I could not...
  4. Windows fails before completing boot up .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSoD text fails to complete before rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD text fails to complete before rebooting: Hello. I am unable to boot into Windows. When I switch on my computer it runs through the POST process and the Windows flag then appears along with the activity dots. It then flashes up 1/4 second the Blue Screen before rebooting. I managed to capture the process with a...
  6. Chkdsk seems to have stopped before complete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk seems to have stopped before complete: I am running chkdsk P: /r on a new 8TB internal drive before putting it in service. I just noticed in the command prompt window, it seems to have stopped. The progress and ETA are not changing. I think it has been that way for at least 2 hours. I opened disk management,...
  7. Chkdsk seems to have stopped before complete

in Windows 10 Support
    Chkdsk seems to have stopped before complete: I am running chkdsk P: /r on a new 8TB internal drive before putting it in service. I just noticed in the command prompt window, it seems to have stopped. The progress and ETA are not changing. I think it has been that way for at least 2 hours. I opened disk management,...
  8. File Transfer Keeps Stopping Before Completion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer Keeps Stopping Before Completion: I'm using Windows 10 and trying to copy files from an micro sd card to my backup hard drive but the file transfer keeps stopping. Is there a solution for this?...
  9. SSD seems to have failed completely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD seems to have failed completely: Microsoft has streamlined activation over the years, your hardware is the 'key' now. In fact, if an OEM PC was built and supplied with W8 or W10 a product key would have been embedded in the firmware. If so, Setup should read this and not even bother to ask if you want to...
  10. 10182 keeps on failing to download?

in Windows 10 Support
    10182 keeps on failing to download?: I have the update 10182, but every time I try to get it to download it errors out. And it has now disappeared, and I can't get it back? 8194