Windows 10: Downloads limited WiFi or Cabled

Discus and support Downloads limited WiFi or Cabled in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Before 3/11/2020 I got download speeds up to 120Mb now I can barely get 10Mb. All other devices, Fire TV, Kindles, etc get 120Mb. I have Googled and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffStoops, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Downloads limited WiFi or Cabled

Before 3/11/2020 I got download speeds up to 120Mb now I can barely get 10Mb. All other devices, Fire TV, Kindles, etc get 120Mb.

I have Googled and did what performance tweak I could, also I uninstalled all Updates I could after February 2020. Still no joy.

:)

JeffStoops, Mar 17, 2020

2. Limited WiFi Connection

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now my internet connection is limited for my WiFi.

When i try connect to my modem i just get limited connection but when I use my mobile phone hotspot it works just fine.

I have tried the following;

To manually reset TCP/IP, follow these steps:

Note: You must be logged on to the computer as an administrator to perform the steps.

1. On the Start search box, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then clickRun as administrator.

2. At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt--

AND

I would suggest you to update the drivers for the network adapter.

Steps update the drivers for the network adapter.

Refer the following steps.

• Click Start and type devmgmt.msc, and then Enter. The Device Manager window opens.

b) Expand Network Adapter.

c) Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.

d) Restart the computer. Windows should now install the drivers itself.

e) Update the drivers in the same way but by selecting Update driver.
    AND

Flushed and Renewed DNS

AND

Disabled DNS Server on my router

RobertPriest, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 17, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Downloads limited WiFi or Cabled

Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Yes, I suggest you disable the cable modem Wifi.

NavyLCDR, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Downloads limited WiFi or Cabled

1. Downloads limited WiFi or Cabled - Similar Threads - Downloads limited WiFi

2. download speed limited to 10mbps while using 1gbps ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed limited to 10mbps while using 1gbps ethernet cable: hello i have bought a brand new ethernet cable and connected it from my router to my computer. it doesnt change anything. when i go check in control panel it says it has 1gbps, usually i have 100mbps. whatever i am doing i always end up with around 10 mbps download speed. i...
  3. download speed limited to 10mbps while using 1gbps ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download speed limited to 10mbps while using 1gbps ethernet cable: hello i have bought a brand new ethernet cable and connected it from my router to my computer. it doesnt change anything. when i go check in control panel it says it has 1gbps, usually i have 100mbps. whatever i am doing i always end up with around 10 mbps download speed. i...
  4. Limited wifi bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited wifi bandwidth: I am always downloading games on the box app for PC, and my wifi speed is always so low. I'm using ethernet 90/90 mbs but downloads only use 10mbs sometimes 11. How do I fix this?...
  5. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit Wifi Speed: Is there a way to limit wifi network's speed through my pc? If yes, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-wifi-speed/9277baa2-e103-4737-a331-13e2413db35c
  6. Limited WIFI connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited WIFI connection: Hi, I am having an issue connecting my laptop to my WiFi. Other devices can connect to the WiFi so there are no issues with the router itself. I have been previously connected to this router on my laptop and issues started when we used an extender alongside this router....
  7. Limited WiFi download speed

Limited WiFi download speed: This is a repost, for some reason I can not reply on that previous post. I have the following system information OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation...
  8. Limited WiFi download speed

Limited WiFi download speed: Hello, my other laptops/devices have download speed up to 25mb/sec while this laptop only downloads 500 kb/sec no matter what I do. I have restarted tried the following: 1) device manager, network and tried updating drivers / devices 2) I tried to go to network settings...
  9. Wifi limited download speed

Wifi limited download speed: Hi, I just install Windows 10 from windows 7, my wifi speedtest only 4,5 Mbps but once I connect using ethernet/LAN the speedtest became 15 Mbps. Both upload are on the same Speed. And when i'm using speedtest on my android phone the speed is 15 Mbps , seems there...
  10. Limited WiFi and ethernet

Limited WiFi and ethernet: I upgraded to Widows 10 some weeks ago from Win 7. All has been fine, however this morning my WiFi stopped working saying "limited connection". It also says the same thing when using Ethernet. Both say they are limited. I've ruled out problems with my router and I've upgraded...