Windows 10: Downloads not opening up

Discus and support Downloads not opening up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, so for about two weeks now, i have been trying to download stuff, thye download into my files correctly, but when i try to open them up, they just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vicenteperez3, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Downloads not opening up

Hey, so for about two weeks now, i have been trying to download stuff, thye download into my files correctly, but when i try to open them up, they just have a little circle for like two seconds, and then stop, the things i download will not open, pls help me!

:)

Vicenteperez3, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Downloads not opening up :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Downloads not opening up

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Downloads not opening up

1. Downloads not opening up - Similar Threads - Downloads opening

2. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  3. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  4. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I downloaded tableau but can’t open to work with it.error saying I should check settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded tableau but can’t open to work with it.error saying I should check settings...: Settings issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-tableau-but-cant-open-to-work-with/121c4b99-5e38-405d-9e9b-dac5d738882d
  6. I downloaded tableau but can’t open to work with it.error saying I should check settings...

I downloaded tableau but can’t open to work with it.error saying I should check settings...: Settings issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-tableau-but-cant-open-to-work-with/121c4b99-5e38-405d-9e9b-dac5d738882d
  7. my turbo tax will not open after downloading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my turbo tax will not open after downloading.: my application for turbo tax will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-turbo-tax-will-not-open-after-downloading/4cefca51-79f9-4667-bdd4-629fbf3bdf47
  8. my turbo tax will not open after downloading.

my turbo tax will not open after downloading.: my application for turbo tax will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-turbo-tax-will-not-open-after-downloading/4cefca51-79f9-4667-bdd4-629fbf3bdf47
  9. First I couldn' t open the google chrome then ı deleted it and downloaded the setup file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    First I couldn' t open the google chrome then ı deleted it and downloaded the setup file...: windows 10googlechromesetupfilelenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-i-couldn-t-open-the-google-chrome-then/ae1f5258-ff78-4e7b-bd8c-75101a975095
  10. Can't open downloads from new outlook keeps spinning and says microsoft outlook not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open downloads from new outlook keeps spinning and says microsoft outlook not working: Hi,I just tried to download my first email from the new outlook to save to my desktop and it keeps getting stuck in a loop and then when I check the x to stop it I receive the message microsoft outlook not working. The icon that's showing at the time looks like the old...