Windows 10: Downloads Showing On My Homescreen

Discus and support Downloads Showing On My Homescreen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'll make this as comprehensible as possible because I am not quite sure what to look up. Any time I download something like an image, it saves on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheGabe11, Jan 25, 2022.

1. TheGabe11 Win User

Downloads Showing On My Homescreen

I'll make this as comprehensible as possible because I am not quite sure what to look up. Any time I download something like an image, it saves on my home screen. I do not want this and am not sure how to change it.

:)

TheGabe11, Jan 25, 2022
  2. cg21315 Win User

changing Homescreen options

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could change my homescreen to display a directory other than my desktop, for example my downloads, or pictures etc.

The reason why I'm asking is because everything is being stored on the desktop under my OneDrive and I want to change it so that my homescreen displays my regular desktop, not the one under Onedrive.

Thanks in advance!

cg21315, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    changing Homescreen options

I might be wrong, but I think OP is talking about Desktop and OneDrive Protected Folders. If so, Desktop folder icon in File Explorer > This PC will show OneDrive's cloud-like icon:

Downloads Showing On My Homescreen [​IMG]

Do the following to change it:

Right click OneDrive icon in notification area:

A small pop-up window opens. Select Settings:

Settings will open. Under Auto-save tab, select Update folders:

Click Stop protecting:

Confirm:

That's it. Your desktop is now empty, OneDrive desktop no longer shown and you can put anything you want to on desktop.

4. Downloads Showing On My Homescreen

e71 homescreen

This question is no biggie I guess...but I've got to ask...

The "to do list" icon does not appear on my homescreen. I did it the right way, ticked the box and all..it just isn't there:smileysad: any suggestions? TNX

angellicano, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Downloads Showing On My Homescreen

1. Downloads Showing On My Homescreen - Similar Threads - Downloads Showing Homescreen

2. All of my apps arent showing in my homescreen, is there anyway to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my apps arent showing in my homescreen, is there anyway to fix this?: All of my app arent showing in my homescreen, please help me as I dont know what to do in this situation. PS: My laptop is in its latest update, it is working perfectly and this is the only problem, and it has been going on for a few months now....
  3. All of my apps arent showing in my homescreen, is there anyway to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my apps arent showing in my homescreen, is there anyway to fix this?: All of my app arent showing in my homescreen, please help me as I dont know what to do in this situation. PS: My laptop is in its latest update, it is working perfectly and this is the only problem, and it has been going on for a few months now....
  4. Downloads Showing On My Homescreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloads Showing On My Homescreen: I'll make this as comprehensible as possible because I am not quite sure what to look up. Any time I download something like an image, it saves on my home screen. I do not want this and am not sure how to change it....
  5. Downloads Showing On My Homescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Showing On My Homescreen: I'll make this as comprehensible as possible because I am not quite sure what to look up. Any time I download something like an image, it saves on my home screen. I do not want this and am not sure how to change it....
  6. Unkown program on homescreen that shows my config. Please help

Unkown program on homescreen that shows my config. Please help: Hello, I'm having a problem where there's this line of text on my home screen that shows my config and I don't know what program is doing that. I've tried looking for it on task manager both the process and startup tab, and also services, but I couldn't find it. if anyone...
  7. transparent box in my homescreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    transparent box in my homescreen: i have a transparent box in my homescreen https://gyazo.com/d2b6b96afa62c060be07630fe6d3a64f i hope you can help submitted by /u/Bartx991 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9bulz/transparent_box_in_my_homescreen/
  8. Homescreen changed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Homescreen changed: Today my home screen suddenly changed. Suddenly thare are all these tiles and the icons that used to be there have vanished. How can I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homescreen-changed/6366b1ec-a829-4e12-b780-332c1478bb83
  9. popup on my desktop homescreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    popup on my desktop homescreen: I left mt apple computer sitting at the home screen when a popup window appeared that said "suspicious content found". I cant remember 100% what it looked like bc it was a while ago, but it had that typical Microsoft look like from the website. I was wondering what this even...
  10. homescreen settings

homescreen settings: my display when my laptop turns on looked like a normal computer screen but now all the start apps are taking up the entire screen and I don't know how to get rid of that and make it look like a normal computer homepage again....