Windows 10: Downloads & Updates just shows a spinning icon.

Discus and support Downloads & Updates just shows a spinning icon. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Been having this problem for a couple weeks. I went into app settings and reset the app but that didn't fix the problem. I just get this the whole... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Komentra, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Komentra Win User

Downloads & Updates just shows a spinning icon.

Been having this problem for a couple weeks. I went into app settings and reset the app but that didn't fix the problem. I just get this the whole time:

Downloads & Updates just shows a spinning icon. 604cd966-d593-4277-8ac6-5f5db060f243?upload=true.png

I also can't run the Xbox Game Pass app. I just get a black screen. I can't help but feel that the two problems are likely related:

Downloads & Updates just shows a spinning icon. 328641fc-195b-416f-a51d-b6a9ea6ed4dd?upload=true.png

:)

Komentra, Sep 5, 2020

2. Spinning blue wheel icon.

Hi Pat,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to corrupted system file after updating Windows. In order for us to further assist you , we'd like to ask a few questions with the issue on spinning blue wheel icon.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • Is it possible for you to send us a screenshot of the issue?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 5, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Downloads & Updates just shows a spinning icon.

Blank icons showing in Windows Store under 'Downloads and updates'

When I go into Windows Store, click on my account icon and go to 'Downloads and updates' - sometimes some of the updates don't have an icon showing and as the name isn't listed, there's no way of knowing what is actually being updated?

wotsit_thing, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Downloads & Updates just shows a spinning icon.

1. Downloads & Updates just shows a spinning icon. - Similar Threads - Downloads Updates shows

2. Windows update just keeps spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update just keeps spinning: How do I fix this? I'm trying to see if I have any new updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-just-keeps-spinning/46b5e93c-c5e7-4ce4-aa47-525badc393ce
  3. Windows update just keeps spinning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update just keeps spinning: How do I fix this? I'm trying to see if I have any new updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-just-keeps-spinning/46b5e93c-c5e7-4ce4-aa47-525badc393ce
  4. Windows update just keeps spinning

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. taskbar icons showed just placeholders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar icons showed just placeholders: It happens a lot.How do I fix it? I don't want to reinstall the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-showed-just-placeholders/2fdac4c1-742e-4df8-9974-3e2fe394f3bb
  6. taskbar icons showed just placeholders

taskbar icons showed just placeholders: It happens a lot.How do I fix it? I don't want to reinstall the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-showed-just-placeholders/2fdac4c1-742e-4df8-9974-3e2fe394f3bb
  7. Windows 11 Setting Cameras show spinning icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Setting Cameras show spinning icon: Hi,I am unable to view the camera settings in the Windows 11 settings app, every time I navigate to the following location "Setting Bluetooth & Devices Cameras" I just get a spinning icon.I am able to launch the Camera app and this shows my Logitech C920 HD Pro webcam is...
  8. Windows 11 Setting Cameras show spinning icon

Windows 11 Setting Cameras show spinning icon: Hi,I am unable to view the camera settings in the Windows 11 settings app, every time I navigate to the following location "Setting Bluetooth & Devices Cameras" I just get a spinning icon.I am able to launch the Camera app and this shows my Logitech C920 HD Pro webcam is...
  9. Desktop Icons not showing up, just words

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons not showing up, just words: [ATTACH] This is what my desktop looks like, all icons are just words, it is the same in my files as well. I have restarted my computer countless times and nothing works, please help me!...
  10. Taskbar just started showing a microphone icon...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar just started showing a microphone icon...: ...and when i hover my mouse over it, I get the msg that "1 app is using your microphone." However, the only microphone I have, to the best of my knowledge, is part of my camera, which is not plugged in to the PC at the moment. To figure out what is going on, I was trying to...