Windows 10: downloads won't open from exFAT drive and nothing will install to a NTFS formatted drive.

Discus and support downloads won't open from exFAT drive and nothing will install to a NTFS formatted drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HELP ME PLEASE WHY WILL MY PC NOT INSTALL STUFF TO NTFS AND NOT OPEN STUFF FROM exFAT????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MistyKittenO.O, May 29, 2020.

1. downloads won't open from exFAT drive and nothing will install to a NTFS formatted drive.

HELP ME PLEASE WHY WILL MY PC NOT INSTALL STUFF TO NTFS AND NOT OPEN STUFF FROM exFAT????

:)

MistyKittenO.O, May 29, 2020

2. Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, May 29, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    NTFS formatted USB drive cannot be safely removed - use exFAT?

Drives formatted as exFAT can be used on Windows, Macintosh and Linux Operating Systems. Thumb drives usually come formatted as FAT32 which is okay on the same systems but Windows cannot natively format/reformat as FAT32 larger than 32GB. When I have a need to change to get the NTFS-support for files of 4.1GB and larger I use a Linux Mint machine and the GPARTED program in it or a GPARTED bootable CD made from an .iso file that is freely downloadable. The exFAT drives can also accommodate large files. My latest WDC 4TB USB HDD came formatted as exFAT, works fine and seems a little faster in file transfers than a 2TB NTFS drive, both USB 3.0.

Berton, May 29, 2020
  4. downloads won't open from exFAT drive and nothing will install to a NTFS formatted drive.

exFat vs NTFS

ExFat can only save files up to 4 GBs.

If you save a 20 GB file using it, you end up with at least 5 files instead of 1.

Which would be the case if you were using NTFS format on your device.

NTFS can handle any sized file intact.

I only use Fat32 or exFat format on usb drives less than 32 GBs to create rescue drives.

Which format is needed to create such drives.

Google it.

DavidBaileyyz, May 29, 2020
Thema:

downloads won't open from exFAT drive and nothing will install to a NTFS formatted drive.

1. downloads won't open from exFAT drive and nothing will install to a NTFS formatted drive. - Similar Threads - downloads won't open

2. Format flash drive exFAT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format flash drive exFAT: Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31
  3. Format flash drive exFAT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format flash drive exFAT: Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31
  4. Can't format A drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't format A drive to NTFS: I recently received a new SSD and installed it into my system. I tried to format it into NTFS, which turned into the RAW format. When I try to reformat the drive in the Disk Management tool it says," The format did not complete successfully." I looked up some tutorials on...
  5. Can't format A drive to NTFS

Can't format A drive to NTFS: I recently received a new SSD and installed it into my system. I tried to format it into NTFS, which turned into the RAW format. When I try to reformat the drive in the Disk Management tool it says," The format did not complete successfully." I looked up some tutorials on...
  6. External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS: I formated my external HDD to NTFS to be able to install games on it but now it won't appear in my folders, got any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-wont-appear-after-formating/37698120-4618-46a0-bec9-fa450a414280
  7. External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS

External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS: I formated my external HDD to NTFS to be able to install games on it but now it won't appear in my folders, got any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-wont-appear-after-formating/37698120-4618-46a0-bec9-fa450a414280
  8. Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format: I was doing a backup of some files from my laptop to my 1TB USB Drive in exFat format.During the file transfer, the progress suddenly stopped and I got the message "The Semaphore Timeout Period Has Expired". The file explorer freezed and I was forced the end the process. Then...
  9. Overwrite exFAT format of 8TB external drive with NTFS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Overwrite exFAT format of 8TB external drive with NTFS?: I have an external WD 8TB My Book: My Book - External Hard Drive | Western Digital (WD) It is formated in exFat. Could I do a quick format with NTFS? Would this cause any drawbacks? 94361
  10. NTFS formatted USB drive cannot be safely removed - use exFAT?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NTFS formatted USB drive cannot be safely removed - use exFAT?: I have a problem with NTFS formatted USB thumbdrives which often gets the "cannot be safely removed" error when I try to eject the drive. The thumbdrive in device manager is set to quick removal policy by default so I don't have to change it but I still keep running into this...