Windows 10: Downsize Resolution

Discus and support Downsize Resolution in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I downsize the resolution of a Jpeg?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChipHuffman1, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Downsize Resolution

How can I downsize the resolution of a Jpeg?

:)

ChipHuffman1, Sep 25, 2020

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Downsize Resolution

Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Downsize Resolution

1. Downsize Resolution - Similar Threads - Downsize Resolution

2. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  3. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  4. Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update: Shortly after updating, I noticed a problem with my pc. I was downloading a game while watching YouTube and the YouTube video quality was really bad, which I assumed was just an issue with the internet since I was downloading something. Except the internet browser was not the...
  5. Trying to downsize and modify pictures using Windows 10 File Explorer

Trying to downsize and modify pictures using Windows 10 File Explorer: I have been using Windows 10 file explorer the picture program that came with my Dell desktop and I am extremely dissatisfied with it. When I click on "resize" and make the modifications and click on "save", it appears to be saved, but go back and the picture is the exact...
  6. Help! How to downsize icons on a 768 display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! How to downsize icons on a 768 display: I bought a computer not to long but sad to see on arrival that it was 768 instead of 1080 and well the display has washed out colors and the icons are huge in my eyes, i calibrated the display for better viewing however I can't fix the scaling issue that everything looks huge...
  7. Photos maximizes and downsizes a screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos maximizes and downsizes a screenshot: Since today photos maximizes und downsizes screenshots *.png automatically and repeatedly and won't stop to do so. What is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-maximizes-and-downsizes-a-screenshot/f0738289-51d0-4bcb-8c1d-b9b46ada6ec0
  8. Open windows are all downsized and moved when brought out of Sleep Mode - DP versus HDMI...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open windows are all downsized and moved when brought out of Sleep Mode - DP versus HDMI...: It's a new Windows 10 based PC(ASUS Z390-A Mainboard) with a new single color monitor (BenQ SW720C). When the monitor and PC are connected using an HDMI cable, everything functions fine. When awakened from Sleep mode all open windows remained in their exact locations and...
  9. I want to downsize my calulator on the startup bar. It was 2 x 3 inch an now it is the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to downsize my calulator on the startup bar. It was 2 x 3 inch an now it is the...: My calculator on start up has grown from 2 x 3 inches to the whole page. Help cannot use calculator as it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-downsize-my-calulator-on-the-startup-bar/b321f2a4-5c07-4c15-aa5e-875f00993a0b
  10. How do I downsize photos after they are attached

How do I downsize photos after they are attached: There should be a way to reduce image size after attaching photos while composing an email. Right? Using Email app in windows 10 (and Hotmail)...