Windows 10: Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running

Discus and support Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Win 10 laptop has been low on memory and high on CPU usage (Windows Explorer specifically, 20-40% at all times) but the amount of memory used by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Foxfur, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Foxfur Win User

Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running

My Win 10 laptop has been low on memory and high on CPU usage (Windows Explorer specifically, 20-40% at all times) but the amount of memory used by running processes in Task Manager does not correlate to the percentage that TM indicates is being used. I heard about RAMMap so I ran it and found dozens of instances of localbridge.ex (not .exe). I have no idea what this is but I'm pretty sure I don't need quite so many as I've had. I don't know if 'bridge' is being used in a network sense but I use Private Internet Access VPN and it has all kinds of dangly bits all over the process list, it's not the cleanest thing I've ever seen so maybe it's part of the problem.

One photo is of dozens of instances, the other looks more reasonable.

Search engines have been of no help in figuring out where to start, localbridge.ex is an unknown, at least with my search skills!

Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running 7289a459-1a7c-49c2-8a65-60bb86e4b866?upload=true.jpg Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running e6706838-c252-4887-9764-2ddc9494ec4e?upload=true.jpg

:)

Foxfur, Nov 30, 2019
  2. imgvertex Win User

3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file

Hi everyone,

I've got this serious problem recently.

I can't run some .exe file. This problem happens a month ago, but now that file is able to run now, and now it got other .exe file can't run. Everytime I keep launch the .exe application file, the cursor just keep 'run in background' as I check on Task Manager, there's no application I launch. Then I tried to restart my PC, and now it got 3 instances of the .exe file I tried to run. Three processes only took 50 kb memory (This app usually normal and took 1GB memory). I tried to end the process, and it just wont let me end it and then I tried to force unlock the file, it says that svchost.exe -k netsvcs and system keep locking the file, I force unlock them, and no luck.

I can launch this app months ago, and just can't launch it today, but other app that can't launch a month ago, can be launched today. It's like
    A month ago:
    - some_game_i_usually_play.exe | had the same thing, 3 instance and can't be unlocked.
    - working_software.exe | works perfectly
    Now:
    - some_game_i_usually_play.exe | works perfectly
    - working_software.exe | had the same thing, 3 instance and can't be unlocked.

Please help, I really need to use my app right now

Thanks for the help

EDIT : Run as administrator ? Tried no luck. Just for your information, this app always runs perfectly, but not today.

EDIT : Screenshot

Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running [​IMG]

Tried to launch thea.exe, waiting for hours nothing happens, cursor keep showing 'run in background'. process didn't show on Task Manager

Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running [​IMG]

Restart computer and see that it had multiple instances thea.exe with low memory consumption (this app consume huge memory), and can't be terminated or unlock process.

imgvertex, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running

1. Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running - Similar Threads - Dozens instances Localbridge

2. Multiple instances of UdkUserSvc, UnistoreSvc, and UserDatasvc running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple instances of UdkUserSvc, UnistoreSvc, and UserDatasvc running.: Can someone please explain to my why I have more than one instance of UdkUserSvc, UnistoreSvc, and UserDatasvc running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-udkusersvc-unistoresvc-and/f60390e2-9665-4af9-871d-cdf03f735274
  3. Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX?: Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-tandy-1000-ex/acaeb18c-fc94-4da4-b89e-feded5421811
  4. [W10 V20H2] Does not run Runonce EX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [W10 V20H2] Does not run Runonce EX: Good morning. For a few months, I have been testing on a virtual machine to integrate some tools into the ISO of Windows using the former runonce procedure used for years, but I can't make it run, I checked the scripts and they are all ok. Then to not waste time to install...
  5. Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager: Its sometimes says 10+ of the same program is running when just one is open. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-apps-running-in-task-manager/761e16d9-907b-4af4-8a11-901f30de0188
  6. multiple instances of crss.exe running on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    multiple instances of crss.exe running on my computer: Hi, I have a problem with my PC. I have basic windows 10 installed, there are 2 versions of crss.exe running on my PC, one from an exe file the other from a dll file. I do not use powershell and have it disabled on my windows features. There are lost of weird processes...
  7. What is LocalBridge?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is LocalBridge?: Hi The Kaspersky product on my son's Windows 10 laptop keeps alerting that something called LocalBridge is attempting to run. Can anyone advise me what this is please? So far I have not been able to locate it anywhere as an installed app and I cannot pinpoint what might...
  8. Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DoubleDevi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp8lnc/dozens_of_localbridgeex_processes/
  9. Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX Computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Windows 10 run on a Tandy 1000 EX Computer?: This is talking about if Windows 95 will run on a Tandy 1000 EX Computer or not... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-tandy-1000-ex-computer/1d416cda-b506-489d-8f64-b15930c3a154
  10. another instance is running......

in Windows 10 Customization
    another instance is running......: every time i open my computer, it will pop a message——another instance is running. i don't konw what happened.i wonder how to find the error but there are no approches to search it. and i have not met any questions by now.however it is annoyed for me to see that message....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. localbridge.exe high cpu

2. Check localbridge.exe with Security Task Manager

3. localbridge.exe error