Windows 10: Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes

Discus and support Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DoubleDevi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp8lnc/dozens_of_localbridgeex_processes/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DoubleDevi, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes

/u/DoubleDevi, Mar 26, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Malware tprdpw64.exe after installing 7zip

Thank you for the reply and the suggestions. However neither link provided a working solution. I followed each set of instructions step by step, to the T, but the viruses are still there.

I killed the processes with Rkill as instructed, and it found and ended the malware process `tprdpw64.exe`. It, however, did nothing
    about the adware `svcvmx` & `svcvmx client` processes. After doing so I downloaded and installed Zemana, as instructed, and let it do a full system scan. Might I add that this took over
    10 hours to complete, as I have 1,396,541 files on my PC, so this whole thing wasted nearly half a day of my time with no results.

Zemana detected the malware virus `tprdpw64.exe` located at "C:\WINDOWS\System32\tprdpw64.exe"
    (among other, smaller "threats"), and labeled it as malware. After it finished the scan, it said it has placed all files into quarantine, including `tprdpw64.exe`.
    However, when checking the quarantine list `tprdpw64.exe` is
    not listed. I then decided to have Zemana remove the files in the
    quarantine list from my system and then rebooted my PC. It removed them all successfully, except for `tprdpw64.exe`
    which is still on my system, and still runs (I can still see it in task manager after rebooting). So the 10+ hours of waiting were all for nothing.

I then used Zemana's "drag-and-drop" feature to re-scan just `tprdpw64.exe`
    (in order to not have to wait 10+ hours again). It scanned it, and now says the file is not a threat (but it clearly is).

I then proceeded to step 2, using AdwCleaner to remove the adware. This did not work in the slightest. AdwCleaner did not detect the adware virus at all, and thus did nothing about it. I still cannot remove the viruses manually, either. However for some
    reason, the adware `svcvmx` & `svcvmx client` processes no longer seem to run (my PC has been on for about an hour, and the processes
    have yet to startup). However, even so the files are still on my file system and would like to delete them.

EDIT

I have just searched my registry, looking for any possible signs of tprdpw64 being listed, and there was nothing there.

Jon Barrow, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Foxfur Win User

Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes

Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running

My Win 10 laptop has been low on memory and high on CPU usage (Windows Explorer specifically, 20-40% at all times) but the amount of memory used by running processes in Task Manager does not correlate to the percentage that TM indicates is being used. I
    heard about RAMMap so I ran it and found dozens of instances of localbridge.ex (not .exe). I have no idea what this is but I'm pretty sure I don't need quite so many as I've had. I don't know if 'bridge' is being used in a network sense but I use Private Internet
    Access VPN and it has all kinds of dangly bits all over the process list, it's not the cleanest thing I've ever seen so maybe it's part of the problem.

One photo is of dozens of instances, the other looks more reasonable.

Search engines have been of no help in figuring out where to start, localbridge.ex is an unknown, at least with my search skills!

Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes 7289a459-1a7c-49c2-8a65-60bb86e4b866?upload=true.jpg

Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes e6706838-c252-4887-9764-2ddc9494ec4e?upload=true.jpg

Foxfur, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes

1. Dozens of Localbridge.ex processes - Similar Threads - Dozens Localbridge processes

2. Ex Education Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ex Education Laptop: I recently purchased a used laptop from Ebay UK and I wanted to put a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro on it. So I prepared the installation media with the Windows 11 Installation assistant to a USB stick and started the installation then entered a product key which was...
  3. Ex Education Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ex Education Laptop: I recently purchased a used laptop from Ebay UK and I wanted to put a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro on it. So I prepared the installation media with the Windows 11 Installation assistant to a USB stick and started the installation then entered a product key which was...
  4. TurboPC EX File Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TurboPC EX File Copy: I have a Buffalo Hard drive backup, using it for over a year, and most recently when I copy a file TurboPC Ex File copy comes up and copies the file. It is very very slow. How do i stop it from running and go back to the original Windows file copy?...
  5. Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs: I decided to try out Windows 10 Edge. There is a lot about it that I like. However, every time I click on any link, it opens in a new tab. This quickly results in large numbers of tabs being open making Edge very crowded and clunky to use. I looked through all the settings...
  6. Hacked by an ex

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked by an ex: Looking around here, this seems to be common. Exes have usually set something up while still in good favor and with access to a PC that they then left with things set up to facilitate remote initiation of some very wicked things. Microsoft runs the machine. At this moment...
  7. What is LocalBridge?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is LocalBridge?: Hi The Kaspersky product on my son's Windows 10 laptop keeps alerting that something called LocalBridge is attempting to run. Can anyone advise me what this is please? So far I have not been able to locate it anywhere as an installed app and I cannot pinpoint what might...
  8. Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dozens of instances of Localbridge.ex running: My Win 10 laptop has been low on memory and high on CPU usage (Windows Explorer specifically, 20-40% at all times) but the amount of memory used by running processes in Task Manager does not correlate to the percentage that TM indicates is being used. I heard about RAMMap so...
  9. BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo: Good day all; I got this after running for weeks without incident. The only system change was 48 hours ago which was a bug fix to "Spybot Search & Destroy". All recommended fixes seemed to work well with that. Any way, I got this little surprise at bootup today and am...
  10. Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager: I don't know if this came with the last CU or not, but has anyone else noticed this? 44554