Windows 10: Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager

Discus and support Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know if this came with the last CU or not, but has anyone else noticed this? 44554 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris2005, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Chris2005 Win User

Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager

I don't know if this came with the last CU or not, but has anyone else noticed this?

:)

Chris2005, Mar 18, 2016

2. Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011)

Since this was installed today, my hard drive runs continuously. This update isn't listed on MS site and I have no info. Can anyone help me get rid of this or fix the problem?

Task manager shows Service host show Windows Update/Push notifications and a dozen others, but I can't determine which one is running.

monkeeeeeeeeee, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Security Centre

Hi Philip,

If you'd like to disable the "Actions recommended" notification, we suggest that you try the these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager and go to the Startup
      tab.
    • Locate Windows Defender notification icon and disable it.
    • Once you are done, restart your PC check if the notification will still appear.
    Feel free to post back for the end result.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Chris2005 Win User

The only way to solve this was to turn off the "Location" tile in Action Center, all the entries were literally making my computer run at 100% CPU.

Chris2005, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager - Similar Threads - Dozens Location Notification

2. Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager: Hello!I don't know what type of problem this is.When I go to task manager, my CPU is 100%, then after 2-3 seconds it goes back to my actual CPU which is 2-5%.Sometimes, my CPU goes at a random number and then resets back to my usual CPU.Is this normal?Thanks....
  3. Task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager: So my minecraft has been acting up so i attempted to close it with task manager but the window was not displayed on task manager, so essentially i have a ghost tab, does anyone know how to help!...
  4. Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager: [ATTACH] What are these things? Are they harmful? if so how can I delete them? I think they are slowing my computer TIA : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/c4e09041-2202-4b7d-b04f-789f4fe2a424
  5. Popup notification location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Popup notification location?: How do I stop Teams chat, Teams calls, Mail, Outlook and goodness knows what else all vying for the same two square inches at the bottom right of the screen? submitted by /u/GenericDisturbance [link] [comments]...
  6. Notifications/task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications/task bar: So I have a dual monitor setup and my main monitor is what I use to game but my notifications always pop up and I have moved the task bar with the notifications to my secondary monitor but after a few minutes the notifications will start appearing on my main monitor again....
  7. task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task manager: when i open task manager. the heading firefox, lists five copies are running. there is only one that should be running. how do i remove the other four https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/ac15ee37-c4a3-428f-97b5-784a3b7f8951
  8. Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS: Hi, I've been having issues with Skype showing new message notifications on my Windows 10 pro computer ever since the update came out for suspending programs in the background. The green leaf is always on Skype, showing suspended unless I open the app. If it's suspended,...
  9. task manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task manager: when i try to open task manager it comes up with an error of "c:\WINDOWS\system32\DUI70.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error" i get the same message when i try and factory reset, delete a bluetooth device, and other stuff like that. also, i...
  10. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d