Windows 10: Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager

Discus and support Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know if this came with the last CU or not, but has anyone else noticed this? 44554 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris2005, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Chris2005 Win User

Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager

I don't know if this came with the last CU or not, but has anyone else noticed this?

:)

Chris2005, Mar 18, 2016

2. Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011)

Since this was installed today, my hard drive runs continuously. This update isn't listed on MS site and I have no info. Can anyone help me get rid of this or fix the problem?

Task manager shows Service host show Windows Update/Push notifications and a dozen others, but I can't determine which one is running.

monkeeeeeeeeee, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Security Centre

Hi Philip,

If you'd like to disable the "Actions recommended" notification, we suggest that you try the these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager and go to the Startup
      tab.
    • Locate Windows Defender notification icon and disable it.
    • Once you are done, restart your PC check if the notification will still appear.
    Feel free to post back for the end result.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Chris2005 Win User

The only way to solve this was to turn off the "Location" tile in Action Center, all the entries were literally making my computer run at 100% CPU.

Chris2005, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Dozens of Location Notification - Task Manager - Similar Threads - Dozens Location Notification

2. Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager: I have attached a screenshot taken just now of my Task Manager. Isn't that Memory number running awfully high? The one thing that is really huge is Firefox, around 700 MB and I only have two tabs open. 133311
  3. Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager: I have attached a screenshot taken just now of my Task Manager. Isn't that Memory number running awfully high? The one thing that is really huge is Firefox, around 700 MB and I only have two tabs open. 133311
  4. task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task Manager: Im in my task manager and I have like 6 Google chrome and Don't understand why all of those would be running using memory. can I end them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/632abd16-12a2-494d-883c-f154c772ccae
  5. Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager: I am trying to set up an alarm using task manager. However, when I attempt to change a condition to "wake PC up to perform this task", and click the " Ok " button, it prompts me to put in a password for my account. My account is the only one on this device and I'm using...
  6. Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS: Hi, I've been having issues with Skype showing new message notifications on my Windows 10 pro computer ever since the update came out for suspending programs in the background. The green leaf is always on Skype, showing suspended unless I open the app. If it's suspended,...
  7. task manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task manager: when i try to open task manager it comes up with an error of "c:\WINDOWS\system32\DUI70.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error" i get the same message when i try and factory reset, delete a bluetooth device, and other stuff like that. also, i...
  8. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d
  9. Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager: I remember deleting an Imaging Device back when I was trying to fix some issues, and I guess when I did that it took all of my images with it, and when I download an I mage it just gives me details and I have to go into pictures to view. I have folders with the contents but...
  10. TASK MANAGER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK MANAGER: When I open Task Manager I get the following: APPS (1) BACKGROUND PROCESSES (75) WINDOWS PROCESS (98) I have no idea what all these processes are nor how they got there. I had Windows 10 on my previous computer, never saw such larger number of processes running. I'm...