Windows 10: DPC Latemcy Due to Process Running Too Long

Discus and support DPC Latemcy Due to Process Running Too Long in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Let's be frank: I've posted before. Sadly, none of the suggestions since seem to be the solution. The last thing I tried to do was update my Realtek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CycloneGU, Dec 23, 2020.

1. CycloneGU Win User

DPC Latemcy Due to Process Running Too Long

Let's be frank: I've posted before. Sadly, none of the suggestions since seem to be the solution. The last thing I tried to do was update my Realtek changing it over to a High Definition Audio, and after a brief test using Twitch yesterday, the clicks and pops started coming back. I have concluded that Twitch streams are the trigger to the clicks and pops on my entire PC. I have NOT concluded if Youtube does the same thing, but I don't recall other video on sites like Steam causing the issue. I have also been able to game for up to two weeks on a boot without issues. It seems to start when I visit Twitch and within 24 hours following.

The issue, as titled, is "One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for far too long". Seemingly the issue is Network related. The top drivers in terms of latency appear to be ndis.sys (1.704259 ms longest execution,. over a 1:10 test total execution of 12.831812 ms), tcpip.sys (0.14 ms highest), and NVIDIA's nvlddmkm.sys (0.12 ms highest with 200 total, but I've concluded total isn't the issue here as the graphics kernal itself runs up to 513 ms over 1:10 and I've already updated all NVIDIA drivers once, but I had the same originals when the issue started). I have therefore determined that the execution of ndis.sys is the issue. Is there some way to update this driver so that the newer Windows updates work? My computer does have Wifi ability, but I plug in through a wall jack; if it's necessary to disable this driver somehow to rid myself of the issue, will that cause other PC issues?

As noted, I did already recently update my Realtek driver to a High Definition Audio and have since blocked driver updates. This problem, FYI, started when build 1903 installed on my PC. It installed on November 24, 2019 and the problem first occurred December 7, 2019 while trying to participate on commentary on a speedrunning event. I've been having the issue periodically for over a year. It goes away with a reboot, but given how much I would normally use my PC without this issue, this is more of a nuisance than anything else.

My motherboard and Graphics specs as listed in Speccy:

Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0PXWHK (U3E1)
    Graphics: S24D590 ([email protected]) and 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (Dell))

Let me know if there's any other information that may prove useful here. I would rather not have to buy a new motherboard due to Microsoft causing the issue itself, so hopefully it doesn't come to that.

:)

CycloneGU, Dec 23, 2020

2. 'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 23, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

DPC Watchdog Error

Hi,

DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common issue in the Windows operating system. It's occurred due to some specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility
    issues, or system files are corrupted. To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so
      far?

AndreePin, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

1. DPC Latemcy Due to Process Running Too Long - Similar Threads - DPC Latemcy Due

2. compiler taking too long to run a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compiler taking too long to run a program: my compiler is taking too long to run a program. For a simple program to print 'hello' it takes 6-10 sec. so you please tell me the solution about it....
  3. DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound.: Hello, I am having a issue where anytime I open a game I get these random stutters where my fps drops to 1 fps and my screen freezes I also get audio cutouts, I don't remember this happening when I first bought my laptop but about 2-3 months ago I started noticing this very...
  4. DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound.: Hello, I am having a issue where anytime I open a game I get these random stutters where my fps drops to 1 fps and my screen freezes I also get audio cutouts, I don't remember this happening when I first bought my laptop but about 2-3 months ago I started noticing this very...
  5. DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound

DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound: The thread is closed that I originally stumbled across for DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound.I have found the culprit solved the problem!!! well 100% for me anyway.See back when I had a GForce 1070ti I never had an issue.It wasn't until I upgraded to...
  7. DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound: The thread is closed that I originally stumbled across for DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound.I have found the culprit solved the problem!!! well 100% for me anyway.See back when I had a GForce 1070ti I never had an issue.It wasn't until I upgraded to...
  8. DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. DPC Routines executing for Too Long, Popping Noises and Stutter

DPC Routines executing for Too Long, Popping Noises and Stutter: For about 3 months, I have been having problems with the Stutter of all applications on the system, from startup that sometimes randomly went away after leaving the computer on for a while. I have been looking for a solution for a while now and decided to post here. I have...
  10. DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound.

DPC routines executed too long. Popping and clicking sound.: Hello.. i am experiencing this Problem now since.. i would say around 2-3 Month. I have swapped out my Mainboard, changed my Ram, changed my PowerSupply, reinstalled windows, set my power settings to 100% (giving my CPU 100% all the time) etc... still the clicking remains...