Windows 10: DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7

Discus and support DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm experiencing DPC latency issues and audio popping on my Dell G7. The DPC latency issues are causing some recordings in my DAW to skip which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by regacc, Apr 17, 2020.

1. regacc Win User

DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7

Hi,

I'm experiencing DPC latency issues and audio popping on my Dell G7. The DPC latency issues are causing some recordings in my DAW to skip which can happen at any random time.

The audio popping occurs when I haven't had any audio playing for a few moments. For example: I'll play a video, hear a "pop" out of the speakers, close the video, wait a few moments, reopen the video "pop" again.

I've run Latency Monitor which is showing issues with ACPI.sys and nvlddmkm.sys (See the attached screenshot).

Online everyone seems to have tried different things with/without success.

Has anyone here had this problem before?

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)

- - - Updated - - -

Still running Latency Monitor at the moment and nvlddmkm.sys has disappeared

:)

regacc, Apr 17, 2020

2. High DPC latency

I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver.

I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your advice.

ChaundraRaddatz, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

I'm on windows 10 and i know that i'm getting dpc latency cause of the audio skipping and popping sometimes while gaming or browsing the web

donnieadler, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Shaan211 Win User

DPC Latency Issue - Random audio popping/crackling

I have been having audio popping/crackling for a few months now. I also get random 3-10 second intervals of pure white noise/static come out of nowhere when watching a video or listening
    to music.

I'm not sure how to fix it.

I've tried:

• Running memtest(no problems)

Resetting my cpu overclock

Reinstalling audio drivers, updating mobo

Turning off fast startup

Changing/reverting audio formats

Updating graphics driver

and possibly a few others I don't remember.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Pics of Latencymon:

DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7 Cfg1vF5.png

DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7 QINc4nu.png

DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7 9qs1R2S.png

The Latencymon Log:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver
    running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:17:47 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: SHAAN

OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 16299 (x64)

Hardware: MS-7A11, MSI, Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X (MS-7A11)

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Logical processors: 4

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 16344 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 3504 MHz

Measured CPU speed: 1 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility
    which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes
    the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 760.402271

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2.408340

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 758.941083

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 0.908718

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 152.708333

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.397360

Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.426395

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 1697693

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 1493.638699

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.370589

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.955813

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 13269454

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 337

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 24

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires
    reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

Process with highest pagefault count: none

Total number of hard pagefaults 0

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 0

Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 0.0

Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.0

Number of processes hit: 0

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 67.692004

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 152.708333

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 17.89080

CPU 0 ISR count: 1593621

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1493.638699

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 31.076181

CPU 0 DPC count: 9917883

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 15.246016

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 105.669521

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.311294

CPU 1 ISR count: 100636

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 339.543379

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 8.243974

CPU 1 DPC count: 2894304

CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 5.443245

CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 9.460046

CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.003366

CPU 2 ISR count: 3436

CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 100.865297

CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.713309

CPU 2 DPC count: 232278

CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 5.146945

CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR count: 0

CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 112.364726

CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.776172

CPU 3 DPC count: 225350

Shaan211, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7 - Similar Threads - DPC Latency Audio

2. High DPC latency causing audio pops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC latency causing audio pops: Since I bought my laptop I can hear random popping sounds while playing a Youtube video, it doesn't happen frequently so I decided to let it pass. Some days ago I decided to get to the root of the problem and I found it was due to a high DPC latency.I have updated my drivers...
  3. DPC Latency Issues, Audio Popping and Crackling Horribly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC Latency Issues, Audio Popping and Crackling Horribly: Hello. For about a week I have been experiencing glitchy, popping, crackling audio, This seems to mainly happen when streaming YouTube videos, Spotify, or any audio over internet while playing through my Focusrite Scarlett interface. When playing through headphones this...
  4. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  5. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  6. DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback

DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback: For some time now my audio has popped and scratched out a lot during YouTube or video playback. When playing music I have a car subwoofer hooked up to my PC with a splitter and cable. I play some bassy songs around 20-60hz and "Down In The DM - Yo Gotti 26,30,36hz" as tests...
  7. DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback

DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback: For some time now my audio has popped and scratched out a lot during YouTube or video playback. When playing music I have a car subwoofer hooked up to my PC with a splitter and cable. I play some bassy songs around 20-60hz and "Down In The DM - Yo Gotti 26,30,36hz" as tests...
  8. DPC latency audio problem

DPC latency audio problem: hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive...
  9. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...
  10. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...