Windows 10: DPC Latency Help

Discus and support DPC Latency Help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I am experiencing heavy input delay whilst gaming and even on the desktop. As a competitive gamer, this makes playing games extremely unenjoyable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JordanJT_, Mar 7, 2021.

1. JordanJT_ Win User

DPC Latency Help

Hi!

I am experiencing heavy input delay whilst gaming and even on the desktop. As a competitive gamer, this makes playing games extremely unenjoyable and essentially unplayable as my mouse has no precision and feels floaty. I have tried a variety of hardware replacements such as a new mouse, new display port cables, using alternative USB ports and still nothing. I have also tried a variety of online suggestions such as BIOS changes, driver updates, driver disabling/enabling and registry changes in Windows 10 and still nothing. I have even clean reinstalled windows and the problem continues to perist. Recently, I came to discover the issue is being caused by specific processes when running latencymon and Windows Performance Analayzer but do not know where to even begin rectifying these issues. The issue significantly improved for a short time after disabling my WiFi adapter but the issue still persists. I would appreciate some help on this as it's driving me crazy!

:)

JordanJT_, Mar 7, 2021

2. DPC Latency High

Hi,

Check these:

Solving DPC Latency Issues - Download Latency Monitor and DPC Latency Checker

Solving DPC Latency Issues | Sweetwater

DPC Latency Checker

http://www.wintuts.com/DPC-Latency-Checker

DPC Latency Checker - Download

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

I believe DPC Latency Checker does not support WIN 10. Please try LatencyMon and check.

I had this issue so thought of sharing.

GypsySoul13, Mar 7, 2021
  4. syndiate Win User

DPC Latency Help

Windows 10: High DPC latency (ndis.sys)

Recently, my audio has been crackling and popping and glitching, and I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I tried everything. Until I found out that my DPC latency was dangerously high. I ran it through the DPC Latency Checker and LatencyMon, and
    apparently the problem was "ndis.sys". I've literally tried EVERYTHING. Here's a list of what I've done to resolve this problem:

• Updating drivers
    • Changing the power plan
    • Disabling the dynamic ticking
    • Updating the graphics cards drivers
    • Disabling Firewall
    • Disabling IPv6
    • Uninstalling Bonjour
    • Disabling Energy Efficient Ethernet
    • Disabling/re-enabling drivers
    • Adding PerfLevelSrc, PowerMizerEnable, PowermizerLevel, and PowermizerLevelAC values to Registry Editor
    • Uninstalling antivirus software
    • Modifying the "Start" value in the Registry Editor's value to 4
    UPDATE: Recently, the DPC latency has declined, which is good, however it still sometimes has latency-spikes and I still don't have proper DPC latency.

COMPUTER SPECS:

Computer Model: Dell Inspiron 3668

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @3.90 GhZ 3.91 GhZ

RAM: 8 GB

Graphics Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

Audio Driver: Realtek High Definition Audio

DPC latency (updated):

DPC Latency Help 6239bb93-1397-49f9-815d-6b930532b8f4?upload=true.png

syndiate, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

DPC Latency Help

1. DPC Latency Help - Similar Threads - DPC Latency Help

2. DPC/ISR latency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC/ISR latency: OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450 mBIOS: F61c latest bios Standard BIOS settings- C-states are deactivatedCustom Build from January 2020Hello,I have a problem with DPC/ISR latency. Sometimes windows open/close slow and intensive processes fail and cause...
  3. DPC Latency problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Latency problems: Hi, over the last few days out of the blue I started to hear weird crackling and popping noises during video and audio playback, I tried to investigate and check to see what the problem was myself, I stumbled upon LatencyMon that test DPC Latency, seems that my problem is due...
  4. Dpc latency

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dpc latency: Hi Guys, For a while now I've had popping and clicking from my headset and crackling when in games. I downloaded Latencymon and found that if I disable one of my drives ( I've 2 ssd and a hdd) the latency stays green. I've done this for over an hour twice with the hdd...
  5. High DPC Latency

High DPC Latency: Hi everyone! Lately, I've been facing such a high DPC latency and it's annoying so much. I'm currently using an Inspiron 14 5458 with Windows 1909. Drivers are all updated I used latencymon to check what was wrong and I see something wrong with ACPI.sys and ndis.sys. I...
  6. DPC latency fixes?

DPC latency fixes?: Over the last 3 weeks or so I've been having audio cracking and a sort of lag on screen for about a second or so, and this occurs every couple of minutes or so, is there any fixes to this issue? I've run LatencyMon and here's my results....
  7. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  8. DPC latency tests. High latency?

DPC latency tests. High latency?: Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few months now. I cant seem to understand if my results are okay or not, which is why Im asking you. No games was running while...
  9. Terrible DPC Latency

Terrible DPC Latency: Hey guys, I am using an Acer VN7 791G gaming notebook with: - Core i5 4210M - GTX 860M - 8 gigs of ddr3 - no ssd - win10 64 My problems: - Mild slowness in general. - Constant delay of audio when playing videos, both streams and downloaded videos, movies etc....
  10. Need help with dpc latency in LatencyMon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help with dpc latency in LatencyMon: Could this somehow be related to USB drivers? I have the ASUS Sabertooth Z87 mobo and noticed that my USB drivers seem to be all mixed around; I just need help with basic fixings.l Thanks! [img] 88327