Windows 10: DPC Latency problem (Storport.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, etc.)

Discus and support DPC Latency problem (Storport.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, etc.) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! December 2019 I decided to get a new Alienware M15 R2 with the following specs (I reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday): Code: Computer: Alienware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VirtualBoost, Oct 8, 2020.

1. DPC Latency problem (Storport.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, etc.)

Hi!

December 2019 I decided to get a new Alienware M15 R2 with the following specs (I reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday):

Code:
    Ever since I got my new Astro A40 TR headset, I started to notice that I could get "cracks" and "pops" in the sound when gaming. The only thing that fixed this (temporarily only though) is to unplug and then replug the headset in the machine. At first I thought it was something related to the headset and/or audio jack, however, I have noticed that my computer is plagued by DPC latency issues.

The ones that I seem to see the most are the following:

• storport.sys
    • nvlddmkm.sys
    • Wdf01000.sys
    • dxgkrnl.sys
    • ndis.sys

It seems that these tend to spike really high, probably storport.sys the most, followed by dxgkrnl.sys. I have tried numerous of solutions/fixes, such as the one found in this thread (but didn't help): Windows 10 audio clicks,pops,stutters. storport latency issues? HELP?

I have also tried to strip the Nvidia driver (using NVCleanstall) so that I only have the absolutely necessary things from it. This seemed to help a little but not all.

Below you can see the log from LatencyMon:

Code:
    As well as the Drivers tab:

DPC Latency problem (Storport.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, etc.) [​IMG]

Is there anything else I could try? I have the Windows Performance Recorder ready to go but I'm unsure on what to select when I do a log trace..

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

:)

VirtualBoost, Oct 8, 2020

2. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

I have one Storage Controller here is what the Drivers say

BradShoemaker, Oct 8, 2020
  3. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

Like this? It appears "Standard SATA AHCI Controller"

BradShoemaker, Oct 8, 2020
  4. arachnaut Win User

DPC Latency problem (Storport.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, etc.)

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

I'm afraid it is not that easy - that is a special MS port for Storage Spaces.
    You need to open the CPU branch and look at each port:

arachnaut, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

DPC Latency problem (Storport.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, etc.)

1. DPC Latency problem (Storport.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, etc.) - Similar Threads - DPC Latency problem

2. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  3. Storport sys problem and bad system problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport sys problem and bad system problem: Started with a storport.sys problem. Got to ressett pc it worked for 1 week and then bad problem, tried resetting pc, not allowed, tried full reset of pc, not allowed, got into bootrec, did not find or wrong , going in a loop bad system config , automatic repair, How do i...
  4. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  5. Wdf01000.sys latency probelm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wdf01000.sys latency probelm: Hi, I have a self-built PC Ryzen 5 1600, 8 Gb Ram, Radeon RX 470, 256Gb NVMe SSD on which Windows 10 Education Edition is running, 2 TB HDD for data storing and use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen as my USB sound card for Audio Recording, Mixing and Mastering. I searched...
  6. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  7. DPC latency diagnosis - nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, wdf0100.sys etc

DPC latency diagnosis - nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, wdf0100.sys etc: Hi there, Need a little guidance around how to use Windows Performance Analyzer to diagnose my DPC latency issues. I've run the recorder, but unsure which items to "graph" and then drill down to. I've seen screenshots from others posted here which show apps and their...
  8. dxgmms2.sys

dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  9. BSOD:l1c63x64.sys

BSOD:l1c63x64.sys: Since I replaced my HHD,BSOD happened. Please help me. Attachment 69284 43970
  10. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys: I have recently added a new mixer (Presonus Studio Live 16 Series III) to my studio and started having some major issues. It wouldn't be read by the Presonus Studio One 3 DAW. I asked Presonus for help and they asked me to give them a LatencyMon report. The report plainly...