Windows 10: DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback

Discus and support DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some time now my audio has popped and scratched out a lot during YouTube or video playback. When playing music I have a car subwoofer hooked up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyle, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Kyle Win User

DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback

For some time now my audio has popped and scratched out a lot during YouTube or video playback. When playing music I have a car subwoofer hooked up to my PC with a splitter and cable. I play some bassy songs around 20-60hz and "Down In The DM - Yo Gotti 26,30,36hz" as tests and hear the issues as well.

Windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.1016

DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback [​IMG]

Even with updating to the latest audio driver, or rolling back previous drivers make no difference. Sometimes in the DPC latency app it'll show the DirectX Graphics Kernel thing too.

:)

Kyle, Sep 9, 2020
  2. regacc Win User

DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7

Hi,

I'm experiencing DPC latency issues and audio popping on my Dell G7. The DPC latency issues are causing some recordings in my DAW to skip which can happen at any random time.

The audio popping occurs when I haven't had any audio playing for a few moments. For example: I'll play a video, hear a "pop" out of the speakers, close the video, wait a few moments, reopen the video "pop" again.

I've run Latency Monitor which is showing issues with ACPI.sys and nvlddmkm.sys (See the attached screenshot).

Online everyone seems to have tried different things with/without success.

Has anyone here had this problem before?

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)

- - - Updated - - -

Still running Latency Monitor at the moment and nvlddmkm.sys has disappeared

regacc, Sep 9, 2020
  3. High DPC latency

I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver.

I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your advice.

ChaundraRaddatz, Sep 9, 2020
  4. syndiate Win User

Windows 10: High DPC latency (ndis.sys)

Recently, my audio has been crackling and popping and glitching, and I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I tried everything. Until I found out that my DPC latency was dangerously high. I ran it through the DPC Latency Checker and LatencyMon, and
    apparently the problem was "ndis.sys". I've literally tried EVERYTHING. Here's a list of what I've done to resolve this problem:

• Updating drivers
    • Changing the power plan
    • Disabling the dynamic ticking
    • Updating the graphics cards drivers
    • Disabling Firewall
    • Disabling IPv6
    • Uninstalling Bonjour
    • Disabling Energy Efficient Ethernet
    • Disabling/re-enabling drivers
    • Adding PerfLevelSrc, PowerMizerEnable, PowermizerLevel, and PowermizerLevelAC values to Registry Editor
    • Uninstalling antivirus software
    • Modifying the "Start" value in the Registry Editor's value to 4
    UPDATE: Recently, the DPC latency has declined, which is good, however it still sometimes has latency-spikes and I still don't have proper DPC latency.

COMPUTER SPECS:

Computer Model: Dell Inspiron 3668

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @3.90 GhZ 3.91 GhZ

RAM: 8 GB

Graphics Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

Audio Driver: Realtek High Definition Audio

DPC latency (updated):

DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback 6239bb93-1397-49f9-815d-6b930532b8f4?upload=true.png

syndiate, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback - Similar Threads - DPC Latency Scratching

2. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  3. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  4. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High DPC latency causing audio pops

High DPC latency causing audio pops: Since I bought my laptop I can hear random popping sounds while playing a Youtube video, it doesn't happen frequently so I decided to let it pass. Some days ago I decided to get to the root of the problem and I found it was due to a high DPC latency.I have updated my drivers...
  6. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  7. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  8. Audio popping and scratching

Audio popping and scratching: Hi all, Since building my new PC over 6 months ago, I've had terrible audio problems on any form of media e.g. Twitch, Youtube, TeamSpeak, Discord etc. I've tried most guides online with setting playback rate, trying new cables, different drivers, editing regedit. If it...
  9. DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback

DPC Latency Scratching & Popping audio - YouTube playback: For some time now my audio has popped and scratched out a lot during YouTube or video playback. When playing music I have a car subwoofer hooked up to my PC with a splitter and cable. I play some bassy songs around 20-60hz and "Down In The DM - Yo Gotti 26,30,36hz" as tests...
  10. DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7

DPC Latency + Audio popping Dell G7: Hi, I'm experiencing DPC latency issues and audio popping on my Dell G7. The DPC latency issues are causing some recordings in my DAW to skip which can happen at any random time. The audio popping occurs when I haven't had any audio playing for a few moments. For example:...