Windows 10: DPC Watchdog Violation 133 error

Discus and support DPC Watchdog Violation 133 error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since quite a bit of time, I sometimes get this BSOD error when waking my laptop up from sleep. I've tried to reinstall some drivers, check whether the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charlie884, Jan 15, 2021.

1. DPC Watchdog Violation 133 error

Since quite a bit of time, I sometimes get this BSOD error when waking my laptop up from sleep. I've tried to reinstall some drivers, check whether the dumps give me some clues where to look for an answer but I still cannot solve it.

I've uploaded my dump files to OneDrive, so maybe someone with a bit more knowledge about it could help.

Dumps

Some reports from WhoCrushed:

On Fri 15.01.2021 15:29:20 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011521-10703-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138f
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF80114AFA320
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

On Fri 15.01.2021 15:29:20 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: storport.sys storport!storportinitialize+0x26dc
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF80114AFA320
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\storport.sys
    description: Microsoft Storage Port Driver
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.
    The crash took place in a storage driver or controller driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Tue 12.01.2021 19:45:28 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011221-8484-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF80323EFA320
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

On Tue 12.01.2021 16:38:59 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011221-10796-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8002D8FA320

On Sun 10.01.2021 14:13:04 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011021-11453-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF80407CFA320

:)

Charlie884, Jan 15, 2021

2. DPC Watchdog Violation error

my computer keeps restarting with error code: DPC Watchdog Violation. Brand new PC. How do I resolve?

Michael Palazzolo, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Rahul8460 Win User
    Rahul8460, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

DPC Watchdog Violation 133 error

DPC watchdog violation

Hi Kathy,

To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by Billion Debbarma on September 19, 2015 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

DPC Watchdog Violation 133 error

1. DPC Watchdog Violation 133 error - Similar Threads - DPC Watchdog Violation

2. Help! BSOD Code 133 : DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! BSOD Code 133 : DPC Watchdog Violation: It's an occurring issue but only when I play apex legends, any other intensive game or 3D rendering or 4k video editing, there are no issues or crashes. This only happens when I play this game. I even monitored the temperature of GPU and CPU and it was hanging around 70'C....
  3. Help! BSOD Code 133 : DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! BSOD Code 133 : DPC Watchdog Violation: It's an occurring issue but only when I play apex legends, any other intensive game or 3D rendering or 4k video editing, there are no issues or crashes. This only happens when I play this game. I even monitored the temperature of GPU and CPU and it was hanging around 70'C....
  4. Help! BSOD Code 133 : DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONFor those who experience this error, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts. The Bug Check code for this bluescreen is 0x00000133.How do I resolve this error?I've been strangely...
  6. DPC watchdog violation error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC watchdog violation error: I keep getting a dpc watchdog violation error on my windows 10 laptop. I've tried basically all the methods suggested to people who've asked this before me on this platform and none worked. Specs:- RAM: 8GB. PROCESSOR:- IntelR CoreTM i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz , Graphics card:-...
  7. Windows Crash Errors 133; 117; DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crash Errors 133; 117; DPC Watchdog Violation: Hello,I'm experiencing system freezes, daily right now, while having almost zero load on my pc browsing, watching videos, etc.. No errors / crashes under heavy loads. Most of the time there isn't a blue screen, which makes it harder to identify the issue. Its just freezing...
  8. Windows Crash Errors 133; 117; DPC Watchdog Violation

Windows Crash Errors 133; 117; DPC Watchdog Violation: Hello,I'm experiencing system freezes, daily right now, while having almost zero load on my pc browsing, watching videos, etc.. No errors / crashes under heavy loads. Most of the time there isn't a blue screen, which makes it harder to identify the issue. Its just freezing...
  9. DPC watchdog violation error

DPC watchdog violation error: I am currently facing issues with my PC. It was working fine in the morning until later in the evening as I was playing a game, I received a BSOD with the DPC Watchdog violation error. I perform CHKDSK and SFC /scannow and it showed me no errors, yet I am still encountering...
  10. DPC Watchdog Violation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation Error: I've been having the DPC Watchdog Violation for a while now. At first, it would only happen once a week or sometimes not at all, but recently it's gotten to the point where I get stuck in a loop and cant run my PC for longer than 10-15 minutes without the error coming up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dpc watchdog violation intelppm