Windows 10: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing games

Discus and support DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 gaming pc and im not sure why but when playing games, sometimes my PC will freeze and crash to a blue screen and it will give me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cynical Hack, Mar 20, 2020.

1. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing games

I have a windows 10 gaming pc and im not sure why but when playing games, sometimes my PC will freeze and crash to a blue screen and it will give me the error: "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION" and then it will reboot and work as if nothing happened. It happens maybe once or twice a day, mostly when playing Batman: Arkham Knight, and I just want to fix it before any serious damage happens, if its possible to fix. Here are my system specs:

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: B360M-DS3H

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 12 CPUs ~3.2GHz

Memory: 16GBs RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Display Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Chip Type: GeForce GTX 1070

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Type: Full Display Device

Approx. Total Memory: 8 GBs

Shared Memory: 8 GBs

If more info is needed I will gladly post more. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

Cynical Hack, Mar 20, 2020

2. DPC Watchdog Violation

I'm playing the game Minecraft and my PC freezes and crashed with the error of DPC Watchdog violation.

Here is a link to my files: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=root&cid=DB80FD92B4736D20

Thank You!

Vito Cicinelli, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Ahrii Win User
    DPC Watchdog Violation

hi recently I have a problem that I have blue screen (dpc watchdog violation) sometimes happens to me especially when I open the overwatch game sometimes I can play all day and without problems and other times just start the game I get the error of dpc watchdog violation blue screen or even in the middle of the game I get the error

i have nvidia geforce 920m and intel hd graphics 520
    windows 10 64 bits
    its a laptop dell latitude 3570

Ahrii, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing games

DPC watchdog violation

Hi Kathy,

To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by Billion Debbarma on September 19, 2015 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing games

1. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing games - Similar Threads - DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

2. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch: Hello! Ive had next to no problems with my computer, let alone as one as serious as a BSOD, however anytime i try and play Overwatch 2 I eventually run into a BSOD. I can be 4 games in before it happens, or it could freeze up in the queue while trying to get into the game. I...
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch: Hello! Ive had next to no problems with my computer, let alone as one as serious as a BSOD, however anytime i try and play Overwatch 2 I eventually run into a BSOD. I can be 4 games in before it happens, or it could freeze up in the queue while trying to get into the game. I...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DPC watchdog violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC watchdog violation: Hi, I've had this issue before and fixed it by asking the community but I'm not sure if the same thing is causing it this time. My windows 10 pc freezes every once in a while and sends me to a screen that says "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart." along with...
  6. DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation: I've been getting a lot of this BSOD and I thought it was because of my Nord VPN but after switching it's not gone away. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gzvlzr7Y0K3v1zWhSQePtIN2vsB75S9v?usp=sharing...
  7. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: SATAsfc /scannowdebugger toolminidump, minidumphttps://anonfiles.com/f0O9u2E8x1/minidump_7z==============Eng=================The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff80068cfb320,...
  8. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing video games and YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing video games and YouTube: Hello,I have been chasing this problem for some time and can't figure out what's going on. I have tried all of the solutions presented for this stop code on every microsoft forum I can find rolled back drivers that seemed problematic, system restore, etc., with no luck. The...
  9. DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPC Watchdog Violation: Need help with DPC Watchdog violation; pc was just kind of idle and suddenly BSOD. I'm running windows 10 version 1909 Build(18363.720) 2 of the latest updates have been giving me random bsods as well and I have felt that the KB4551762 update has been the most stable for me...
  10. DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Support
    DPC Watchdog Violation: hi recently I have a problem that I have blue screen (dpc watchdog violation) sometimes happens to me especially when I open the overwatch game sometimes I can play all day and without problems and other times just start the game I get the error of dpc watchdog violation blue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dpc watchdog violation when playing games