Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog Violation and Driver Whack-a-Mole

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog Violation and Driver Whack-a-Mole in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wish this issue was easy to fix. I have the dreaded computer crash/DPC_Watchdog_Violation error happening on a daily basis. The time between crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben_Rae, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Ben_Rae Win User

DPC_Watchdog Violation and Driver Whack-a-Mole

I wish this issue was easy to fix. I have the dreaded computer crash/DPC_Watchdog_Violation error happening on a daily basis. The time between crashes and what is running at the time varies with each use. What is most frustrating is that the information the minidump provides changes with every adjustment, driver update or just every crash. It's been hard to accurately troubleshoot the issue. So far I've had:-ACPI This is the most common one, but the program at fault seems to change-dxgmms2.sys-HDAudbus-The graphics one that starts with an NAudio and graphics drivers are up to date. Issues or

:)

Ben_Rae, Sep 26, 2022

2. DPC_WATCHDOG Violation

Recently, I have been receiving a DPC_WATCHDOG Violation error resulting in a BSOD and eventual restart of my machine. This seems to only happen when I'm watching Netflix, or Hulu, or some other video streaming. At the following location is the two minidump
    files that I have on my machine Minidump Files. Typically, when streaming a video
    the video becomes glitchy and freezes, sound is distorted, or the video just stops playing. Sometimes the video then recontinues, or occasionally it errors out with the DPC_WATCHDOG Violation. Also, I have updated all of my drivers. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you

jwilliams17349, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Surface Win10 whack-a-mole

When I hover the mouse cursor over a taskbar icon, (folders, excel, word etc), it will show all the open items, then quickly they will all disappear. If I click on them fast enough I can get one to open. Sometimes even if I click, it will disappear. If I
    use my finger on the touchscreen really quickly, I can get it. Like a game of whack-a-mole. I brought it back to the windows store; could not reproduce the problem, so they blamed me (they were very nice kids though).

Annoyance off the scale, but what can I expect, I bought an MS product, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Work around; disconnect the power cord, problem disappears!!!!!

But this is ridiculous. I need to charge. How do I stop this problem and still charge.

1JohnFoster, Sep 26, 2022
  4. aviahelm Win User

DPC_watchdog violation

Hi, I have been getting the DPC_watchdog violation issue for a couple of weeks now. I've done a fresh reinstall of windows. Done an SFC check and updated my bios to the latest version. I just want to know what the issue is.

Minidump link to the last few.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArgYnYnOFWvDgqFZZNh_QcG3d5loeQ?e=RWgfMQ

I genuinely appreciate the help. Thank you.

aviahelm, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

1. DPC_Watchdog Violation and Driver Whack-a-Mole - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog Violation Driver

2. DPC_WatchDog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WatchDog Violation: I played this game called Roblox. after a few hours. it tends to crash and gives me the the bluescreen error DPC_WatchDog Violation The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff802292fb320....
  3. DPC_WatchDog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WatchDog Violation: I played this game called Roblox. after a few hours. it tends to crash and gives me the the bluescreen error DPC_WatchDog Violation The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff802292fb320....
  4. DPC_WatchDog Violation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DPC_Watchdog Violation and Driver Whack-a-Mole

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog Violation and Driver Whack-a-Mole: I wish this issue was easy to fix. I have the dreaded computer crash/DPC_Watchdog_Violation error happening on a daily basis. The time between crashes and what is running at the time varies with each use. What is most frustrating is that the information the minidump provides...
  6. DPC_Watchdog Violation and Driver Whack-a-Mole

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog Violation and Driver Whack-a-Mole: I wish this issue was easy to fix. I have the dreaded computer crash/DPC_Watchdog_Violation error happening on a daily basis. The time between crashes and what is running at the time varies with each use. What is most frustrating is that the information the minidump provides...
  7. Getting DPC_WATCHDOG-VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting DPC_WATCHDOG-VIOLATION: Getting WATCHDOG error sporadically. Tried SFC, DISM, and CHKDSK. Also tried software_downlaod/windows10. Minidump is created but won't let me access "Aceess Denied". I'm thinking it's a bad driver but how can I tell which one?...
  8. DPC_watchdog violation BSOD

DPC_watchdog violation BSOD: Hi, I'm frequently blue screening - Ran memtest and sfc/dism and they came up with nothing found or fixed. My last 5 dumps are here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArgYnYnOFWvDgqk5xjAVUKtANSyHfA?e=nl6WJp Running the latest Windows update. Whocrashed suggests it's ntoskrnl.exe or...
  9. DPC_watchdog violation

DPC_watchdog violation: Hi, I have been getting the DPC_watchdog violation issue for a couple of weeks now. I've done a fresh reinstall of windows. Done an SFC check and updated my bios to the latest version. I just want to know what the issue is. Minidump link to the last few....
  10. Bsod dpc_watchdog violation

Bsod dpc_watchdog violation: It's been less than 2 days since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I already got hit by this BSOD twice. I searched on the web for solution and everything that I found is related to drivers outdated but I'm certain that all my drivers are updated. Can anyone help...