Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, some days ago my computer started crashing with this bluescreen. I tried several things already but didn't find out the issue: - Sometimes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dominickLTI, Nov 14, 2019.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)

Hello, some days ago my computer started crashing with this bluescreen. I tried several things already but didn't find out the issue:

- Sometimes it crashes after many hours of usage, today it crashed after a little more than one hour.

- Every crash happened when playing League of Legends

- The first crash happened in the "Champion Selection" and I was able to hear the sounds of the application for some more seconds before everything turned blue. My input were frozen instantly

- I installed DriverReviver to upgrade all of my drivers, with focus to the SATA drivers and all other disk drivers I found

- My windows 10 is up to date

- I have no software newly installed in the last days, but upgraded my Security Software from Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 -> Bitdefender Total Security 2020 (that was some days before the first crash)

I analyzed the Dump from C:\Windows\Minidumps\ and exported it to text:

https://pastebin.com/PZrhaEEP

Unfortunately I'm unable to read or understand it.

I have much software installed on my computer and use it for work on a daily basis. I'd like to avoid a fresh install of windows just to hope for a fix, without knowing what the actual issue was.

If you need some more information, I'll try to provide it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT --- Some more information that might be useful:

I'm running:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

System Type x64-based PC
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900X CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3504 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.10, 18/12/2018

BaseBoard Product MEG X299 CREATION (MS-7C06)

My computer is overclocked, but was tested under load at the time of overclocking and was stable since then (February 2020). It never crashed since then and started crashing this week. It is not under heavy load at the time of crashing.

:)

dominickLTI, Nov 14, 2019
  2. auggy Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

The minidump files showed two different errors, a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) error and a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) error.

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may be caused by a wireless driver, the athwnx.sys.

Which wireless adapter do you have and which driver is installed?

Also, what ASUS software is installed?

auggy, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Nov 14, 2019
  4. thetarget Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)

Some tutorials needed

Hey, there isnt any 110/33.. etc

The is list is like this: [133/33,134/34,135/34...]
    my default is 133/33 but now i step it to 134/34 and my CPU becomes 2.41Ghz...

Running with no problems... should I step up again?

thetarget, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Good day to you all, I'm using windows 11 Pro 23H2, on my Vaio SE14 recently I had a BSOD saying DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133tried WinDbg to analyze I didn't find anything helpful in google.here below is the latest minidump:ERROR: FindPlugIns...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Good day to you all, I'm using windows 11 Pro 23H2, on my Vaio SE14 recently I had a BSOD saying DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133tried WinDbg to analyze I didn't find anything helpful in google.here below is the latest minidump:ERROR: FindPlugIns...
  4. Multiple Crashes due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Crashes due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: The last year or so, i keep coming back to my computer in a shut down state. I've never been able to catch the crash itself and i havnt seen any system events correlating to the problem. I do have dmp files associated with each crash, so im guessing im bluescreening....
  5. Multiple Crashes due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

Multiple Crashes due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: The last year or so, i keep coming back to my computer in a shut down state. I've never been able to catch the crash itself and i havnt seen any system events correlating to the problem. I do have dmp files associated with each crash, so im guessing im bluescreening....
  6. Multiple Crashes due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PLEASE HELP me fix a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 on my girlfriend's computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE HELP me fix a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 on my girlfriend's computer: I got windbg installed and opened my most recent minidump, which was actually only on 2/20, and i've had crashes since then that i guess didn't produce a minidump?. When i click !analyze -v it says i have a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133. Here's the FULL copy paste, including me...
  8. PLEASE HELP me fix a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 on my girlfriend's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP me fix a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 on my girlfriend's computer: I got windbg installed and opened my most recent minidump, which was actually only on 2/20, and i've had crashes since then that i guess didn't produce a minidump?. When i click !analyze -v it says i have a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133. Here's the FULL copy paste, including me...
  9. PLEASE HELP me fix a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 on my girlfriend's computer

10. Computer keeps blue screening for DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps blue screening for DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133. Please help.: I built myself a PC last year and encountered several blue screen errors that would persist constantly until they randomly stopped. These blue screens randomly occur about every few days to a week. I also encounter issues trying to decompress files but it does not result in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)