Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, About three months ago I upgraded my windows to version 1803 since then I occasionally get BSOD from type: "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael-Solomon, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803

Hey,
    About three months ago I upgraded my windows to version 1803 since then I occasionally get BSOD from type: "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".
    I tried to WinDbg the minidump but didn't succeed to fix the problem, I tried to make a clean install of my graphics card (GeForce GT 730) and also update my ATHI driver.

Here are the last two minidumps:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ahu5GOK63JsCg-ENND1V8ABLz61GMg

Appreciate your help,
    Thanks,
    Michael

:)

Michael-Solomon, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Dec 7, 2018
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803 - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION upgrade 1803

2. Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade

in Cortana
    Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade: Hello! I use the search function to launch programs *a lot*. Until today that was the same Start menu icon as Cortana. Now there are separate menu items. I've accidentally been clicking Cortana, *a lot*, and everytime it yells at me to set it up. I'm not going to do that....
  3. DPC watchdog violation in Windows 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC watchdog violation in Windows 1803: I reinstalled 1803 last week because of DPC Watchdog Violations and still get them after a clean reinstall. I have a minidump and msinfo linked below. the MSINFO may not match perfectly because I've disabled Intel's RAID and went back to AHCI in the interim. Let me know if...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION After sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION After sleep.: My Computer Get This error after sleep. Before my computer sleep, It Was running a Windows Vista VM. I left it, it was went to sleep. After that, it get DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Pro Build 18262 Core i7 4700MQ GTX 770M, HD Graphics 4600 16GB...
  5. Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803: Hi, After the upgrade last spring to version 1803 my PC began to experience latency issues. Audio popping, lagging & stuttering. I have since installed many different OS’s (Linux too) on this old Dell Studio desktop (x58 chipset, i7-950, SSD) & can verify the problem started...
  6. Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade: I just upgraded my SSD based laptop to 1803. It boots to the login screen as quickly as before but now takes 20 secs for a user to login whereas it only used to take under 5 secs. I can't find anything obvious in Autoruns causing this. Any ideas / solutions or what I should...
  7. Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade: Hello! After upgrating to Win 10 1803, my laptop can't connect automatic to my routers wifi. After rebooting or wake up from hibernate, I have no Internet access. "Connections available" it says when I hover the mouse at the net-icon in the taskbar. When clicking it, I can...
  8. Wifi looses connection after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi looses connection after 1803 upgrade: Hi, Since I updated i've noticed that the wifi randomally looses internet connection. while browsing or uploading a yellow mark comes on the wifi and then i have to disconnect and reconnect. i've read in other places others having this issue and tried the following: 1 -...
  9. Windows 10 1803 update(s) after upgrade to 1803.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 update(s) after upgrade to 1803.: Configuration: Windows 10 Home x64 v.1803 (Cum. Update 2018, May) Digital license obtained via Windows 7 Home Premium x74 OEM upgrade to Windows 10. Status: All (cumulatieve) Windows 10 updates succeeded, including v.1803 (May,2018) major update. No issues after this...
  10. Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803: After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer: Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings" Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device" Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1803 started with dpc watchdog violation error