Windows 10: dpc_watchdog_violation always when using selenium and chromedriver

Discus and support dpc_watchdog_violation always when using selenium and chromedriver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My windows 10 pc crashes reproducibly when opening a website using a python script with selenium and chromedriver: When opening 5 instances... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MFJKN, Nov 22, 2020.

1. MFJKN Win User

dpc_watchdog_violation always when using selenium and chromedriver

Hello,

My windows 10 pc crashes reproducibly when opening a website using a python script with selenium and chromedriver:

When opening 5 instances of chrome through chromedriver, all is fine. When opening the 6th instance, the pc freezes and then a BSOD is shown. This happens always in the same way.

But: I can open the same website in 30 "normal" instances or 30 private windows without any crash.

The minidump shows in Nirsofts Minidump-Viewer that ntoskrnl.exe is causing the crash.

What I tried so far and did no help:

* Updating the NVIDIA driver for my GTX 750i to the latest driver from NVIDIA

* Updating Windows through mediacreationtool from 2004 for 20H2

* checking for any other driver update

What can I further do to track down the reason for this?

Thanks,

:)

MFJKN, Nov 22, 2020

2. Run Selenium Automation on Microsoft Tablet browser

As a part of the Automation Test, I have to set up my test framework to run tests on Microsoft Tablet(real device), I am not sure how to connect my framework with the tablet device. please suggest me some reliable approaches.

Selenium framework is written using C# and NUnit.

• Target browser is Microsoft Tablet's browser
    • Both are in the same wifi
    • Continuous test is not considered for now
    • Real device is preferred over the online emulators

***Moved from Surface Pro (newest) / Wi-Fi and Internet***

whereismymind, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Nov 22, 2020
  4. geoB Win User

Selenium server terminates with Unexpected status SERVICE_PAUSED

Attempts to install Selenium Server as a service (using nssm) in Windows 10 fail with
    Selenium is selenium-server-standalone-2.53.0.jar. nssm is 2.24. OS is Windows 10, 1511, 32-bit.

Event viewer says
    The objective is to run acceptance tests of a Symfony application using codeception. PhantomJS has been abandoned as it does not accommodate javascript popups or jquery dialog boxes.

Thema:

1. dpc_watchdog_violation always when using selenium and chromedriver - Similar Threads - dpc_watchdog_violation always using

2. Selenium IDE Not Working When Disconnected From Remote Desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selenium IDE Not Working When Disconnected From Remote Desktop.: Hello sir I have lot of tasks and I'm trying to automate them but the problem is when I disconnect from RDP the Selenium IDE is not working I have tested everything on the whole internet like gpedit regedit everything and also just dont tell to put bat file or command to keep...
  3. Selenium IDE Not Working When Disconnected From Remote Desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selenium IDE Not Working When Disconnected From Remote Desktop.: Hello sir I have lot of tasks and I'm trying to automate them but the problem is when I disconnect from RDP the Selenium IDE is not working I have tested everything on the whole internet like gpedit regedit everything and also just dont tell to put bat file or command to keep...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network: My PC has been working fine up until recent Windows 10 1909 updates where regular DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs occurred. After updating to Windows 10 2004, these BSODs have continued. Since performing a clean install of Windows, after my registry was corrupted, the BSODs...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - while using Airpods on Zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - while using Airpods on Zoom: Hi There, I have been using Apple Airpods on Zoom and after 30 minutes or so I get a DPC_Watchdog Violation error and BSOD. This is happening on most calls at the moment. Computer is running Windows10 and updated. I have the logs to share if that would help diagnose the...
  6. Run Selenium Automation on Microsoft Tablet browser

Run Selenium Automation on Microsoft Tablet browser: As a part of the Automation Test, I have to set up my test framework to run tests on Microsoft Tablet(real device), I am not sure how to connect my framework with the tablet device. please suggest me some reliable approaches. Selenium framework is written using C# and NUnit....
  7. Selenium server terminates with Unexpected status SERVICE_PAUSED

Selenium server terminates with Unexpected status SERVICE_PAUSED: Attempts to install Selenium Server as a service (using nssm) in Windows 10 fail with Unexpected status SERVICE_PAUSED on nssm start selenium-server Selenium is selenium-server-standalone-2.53.0.jar. nssm is 2.24. OS is Windows 10, 1511, 32-bit. Event viewer says...
  8. BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos: Hello, As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on YouTube). I read some threads about it, then I checked my graphic card drivers (there are up to date) and Windows Update,...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly: This problem started to happen around 3 months ago. My current PC was assembled by myself in february 2017. Probably the only stuff missing in the logs about the build is the PSU model, which is a Seasonic S12II 520W (bought brand new), and cooler, a Thermaltake Water 3.0...
  10. BSOD when watching YouTube (dpc_watchdog_violation)

BSOD when watching YouTube (dpc_watchdog_violation): Hi, today I had 3 BSOD on my Windows 10. It happens only when watching youtube videos. It never happened before. Here are the dumps 072017-16328-01.dmp - Google Drive 072017-14812-01.dmp - Google Drive 072017-14312-01.dmp - Google Drive 89392