Windows 10: dpc_watchdog_violation always when using selenium and chromedriver

Discus and support dpc_watchdog_violation always when using selenium and chromedriver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My windows 10 pc crashes reproducibly when opening a website using a python script with selenium and chromedriver: When opening 5 instances... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MFJKN, Nov 22, 2020.

1. MFJKN Win User

dpc_watchdog_violation always when using selenium and chromedriver

Hello,

My windows 10 pc crashes reproducibly when opening a website using a python script with selenium and chromedriver:

When opening 5 instances of chrome through chromedriver, all is fine. When opening the 6th instance, the pc freezes and then a BSOD is shown. This happens always in the same way.

But: I can open the same website in 30 "normal" instances or 30 private windows without any crash.

The minidump shows in Nirsofts Minidump-Viewer that ntoskrnl.exe is causing the crash.

What I tried so far and did no help:

* Updating the NVIDIA driver for my GTX 750i to the latest driver from NVIDIA

* Updating Windows through mediacreationtool from 2004 for 20H2

* checking for any other driver update

What can I further do to track down the reason for this?

Thanks,

:)

MFJKN, Nov 22, 2020

2. Run Selenium Automation on Microsoft Tablet browser

As a part of the Automation Test, I have to set up my test framework to run tests on Microsoft Tablet(real device), I am not sure how to connect my framework with the tablet device. please suggest me some reliable approaches.

Selenium framework is written using C# and NUnit.

• Target browser is Microsoft Tablet's browser
    • Both are in the same wifi
    • Continuous test is not considered for now
    • Real device is preferred over the online emulators

***Moved from Surface Pro (newest) / Wi-Fi and Internet***

whereismymind, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Nov 22, 2020
  4. geoB Win User

Selenium server terminates with Unexpected status SERVICE_PAUSED

Attempts to install Selenium Server as a service (using nssm) in Windows 10 fail with
    Selenium is selenium-server-standalone-2.53.0.jar. nssm is 2.24. OS is Windows 10, 1511, 32-bit.

Event viewer says
    The objective is to run acceptance tests of a Symfony application using codeception. PhantomJS has been abandoned as it does not accommodate javascript popups or jquery dialog boxes.

Thema:

1. dpc_watchdog_violation always when using selenium and chromedriver - Similar Threads - dpc_watchdog_violation always using

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network: My PC has been working fine up until recent Windows 10 1909 updates where regular DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs occurred. After updating to Windows 10 2004, these BSODs have continued. Since performing a clean install of Windows, after my registry was corrupted, the BSODs...
  3. Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when trying to access a website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when trying to access a website: Hello, Tonight I had a rather disturbing experience; while attempting to access a specific website with an auto-loading video player on the page, my computer completely locked up and, after a few minutes, I got a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error. I restarted,...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - while using Airpods on Zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - while using Airpods on Zoom: Hi There, I have been using Apple Airpods on Zoom and after 30 minutes or so I get a DPC_Watchdog Violation error and BSOD. This is happening on most calls at the moment. Computer is running Windows10 and updated. I have the logs to share if that would help diagnose the...
  5. DPC_Watchdog_violation when launching games/steam client

DPC_Watchdog_violation when launching games/steam client: hi, since upgrading my cpu from amd ryzen 5 1600 to 3600, there has been DPC_watchdog_violation BSODs when launching games and sometimes the Steam client software. i found a workaround to just disconnect my external usb soundcard ( Nuforce uDAC 3),and use the onboard...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) when closing monitor of laptop

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) when closing monitor of laptop: Dear all, Since yesterday I have trouble with my computer when I close the monitor of my laptop. It is a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd. I installed WinDBG and extracted the following information from the memory.dmp file. Any Idea what is the reason for this problem?...
  7. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games: Hi, my PC recently got this DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD while I was playing games like CS:GO or GTA5. The BSOD comes unexpectedly in between 5 mins~2 hours of gaming it's really annoying. FYI I've tried checking system files (sfc scannow), switching SATA/AHCI controllers...
  8. BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos: Hello, As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on YouTube). I read some threads about it, then I checked my graphic card drivers (there are up to date) and Windows Update,...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly: This problem started to happen around 3 months ago. My current PC was assembled by myself in february 2017. Probably the only stuff missing in the logs about the build is the PSU model, which is a Seasonic S12II 520W (bought brand new), and cooler, a Thermaltake Water 3.0...
  10. BSOD when watching YouTube (dpc_watchdog_violation)

BSOD when watching YouTube (dpc_watchdog_violation): Hi, today I had 3 BSOD on my Windows 10. It happens only when watching youtube videos. It never happened before. Here are the dumps 072017-16328-01.dmp - Google Drive 072017-14812-01.dmp - Google Drive 072017-14312-01.dmp - Google Drive 89392