Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently on Windows 10 64-bit. My computer specs are AMD Ryzen 3 processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics. The link to to computer that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CammeronBryant, Jan 4, 2019.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hello, I am currently on Windows 10 64-bit. My computer specs are AMD Ryzen 3 processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics. The link to to computer that was bought can be found here: https://goo.gl/7HARLS

I am currently having an issue where I get crashes on my computer, when I am playing games and streaming, my computer disconnects from the internet, then starts to get really laggy then eventually crashes with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error.

I also get another crash when I am trying to download something from Steam, in the middle of the download, the computer freezes and crashes with the Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, with the netwtw04.sys file being the file that failed.

I have tried everything to fix this from watching videos to updating drivers the best that I can to troubleshooting, but nothing fixes these errors from happening. Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem that I am currently having? Thanks.

:)

CammeronBryant, Jan 4, 2019

2. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 1/3/2016 6:16:56 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010416-19859-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.sys (hal+0x88B3)

Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0x0)

Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hal.sys .

Google query: hal.sys DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

On Sun 1/3/2016 6:16:56 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.sys (hal+0x88B3)

Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0x0)

Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hal.sys .

Google query: hal.sys DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

On Sun 1/3/2016 4:33:48 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010316-23281-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x127C80)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x14, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF820D251D)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

azmialfarisi, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jan 4, 2019
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Irql_not_less_or_equal

So I have this clients PC that blue screens and gives a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0x0000000A error message. Error Goblin (link in sig) says the following:

And I have NO IDEA what the hell that means. It has wrapped around my head 5 times and caused it to explode. Ive ran memtest for 7 and a half hours and it didnt find any errors. I will probably run it again overnight just to be safe. Ive also cleaned out the computer with an air compressor and checked the hard drive for bad sectors are none are to be found.

Im trying like hell to avoid reinstalling Windows but it seems unlikely.

Im going to try updating some drivers and see what happens. Some of the drivers on this computer date back to 2007.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

EDIT:

Alright so it doesnt look like ill be able to get onto the internet to do anything because nearly every time i try, i get the BSOD. Format seems imminent.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. BOD: Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOD: Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: HiOver the past few weeks, I have had issues with a BOD with the errorcode DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have searched the web, and found the issue to be a driver? It is possible to check from my attached minidump file, which driver I need to update/remove? Thanks in...
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a BSOD as well as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a BSOD as well as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD: Have had several BSOD over the past 2 weeks, not sure what else to try. Things done so far: chkdsk, sfc scan, dism, updated gpu drivers. Only consistent thing is that it appears to happen near the beginning of the day device gets plugged into docking station. Here is the dump...
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a BSOD as well as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a BSOD as well as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD: Have had several BSOD over the past 2 weeks, not sure what else to try. Things done so far: chkdsk, sfc scan, dism, updated gpu drivers. Only consistent thing is that it appears to happen near the beginning of the day device gets plugged into docking station. Here is the dump...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a BSOD as well as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Thread Stuck in Device Driver + IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on an AMD Driver?

Thread Stuck in Device Driver + IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on an AMD Driver?: I've constantly gotten this error both before and after I clean installed windows and replaced my HDD with an SSD. I'm almost certain it's a memory issue but I'm not certain how I can resolve it. It's on an HP Envy x360 15-bq series from 2017. I can share the minidump file...
  7. PC Crashed: DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Crashed: DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I did some looking around on the internet and have yet to find a working solution. Someone suggested I run memtest86 to look for memory errors but it could not find anything. Unsure of what to do here submitted by /u/excorpsexd [link] [comments]...
  8. DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (nwifi.sys)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (nwifi.sys): Hello, I have the problem, that my PC randomly gets Blue Screens. I already tried using the Verifier tool, but I couldn't even start up Windows. I uploaded the DMP's of the last "normal" Blue Screen and the one while using the Verifier. I really hope you guys can help me...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD FIX

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD FIX: Hello Microsoft Community, I recently had a problem with my computer, it was crashing a whole bunch with two unique errors, those errors are DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have looked into the crash reports (mini dump files) and found out a file named...
  10. "driver irql_not_less_or_equal (nwifi.sys)"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "driver irql_not_less_or_equal (nwifi.sys)": I have a problem with my Dell XPS 15, running on windows 10, 64-bit. When I'm updating my drivers with Driver Booster 6 I always get a blue screen of dead with error: "driver irql_not_less_or_equal (nwifi.sys)". more specifically it´s when i try to update Intel(R) 100...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dpc watchdog violation and irql not less than or equal

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALDPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION